Voice Actors and stories to be told

daidalosdaidalos Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28854Members, Constellation
Hey,

I don't know whether this has been asked before or not (I can't seem to find the search function. I can see there is something similar to that at the top and at the bottom of the board but I haven't been able to figure out whether there was a more advanced search function, one with more options) but I am really wondering about who you are going to use for the voices.

I mean, are that going to be the people who did the voice acting for the first Natural Selection or are you going to hire completly new people for that task.
Or maybe you'll just use the ones from the first Natural Selection? :)
And what about the radio messages? Are you going to add new ones or just keep it plain and simple?

Another question that popped into my mind while I wrote this post is whether you are going to continue the little storylines concerning Natural Selection. I'm sure most or some of us have read "Six days in Sanji" etc., a continuation would be nice.
This whole "TSA/Frontiersman `Training`" website was a pretty nice idea, the one where all weapons and Kharaa etc. were explained but it has been down for quite some time now.

Comments

• BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    I would suggest Flayra do a cameo voice.
  • gamakungamakun Join Date: 2007-11-20 Member: 62971Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would suggest Flayra do a cameo voice.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why not have everyone on the team do a cameo voice, if they are going to do it? XD
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    The Nameless Mod used a bunch of dev voices. I don't see why not.

Granted, The Nameless Mod isn't gonna win any voice acting awards....
  • ItalianmagicItalianmagic Join Date: 2008-12-13 Member: 65755Members
    Reguardless, it should be an avalible MOD/ setting
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited March 2009
    Supreme Commander used only the dev guys voices, and that worked out alright didn't it?
    Of course, they hade to redo their roles a lot... Try and try again, I guess.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    Instead of paying voice actors out right why not have people from the forum submit their own attempts, if their work is good enough you can include it in the game. If its bad then toss it and hire someone but it seems like a nice and relatively easy way to engage the community.
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    So then whenever you guys post something, I can now imagine it in your very own voice.
  • daidalosdaidalos Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28854Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1703761:date=Mar 30 2009, 08:20 PM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sops @ Mar 30 2009, 08:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1703761"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Instead of paying voice actors out right why not have people from the forum submit their own attempts, if their work is good enough you can include it in the game. If its bad then toss it and hire someone but it seems like a nice and relatively easy way to engage the community.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The problem with that is that most people don't have high quality microphones so it will be hard enough to get some good recordings.
    It's an idea you could try but I don't think it would work out that well.
    The possible upside with that is that it would probably be possible to get several decent voices so you can select the one you like, would add quite an atmosphere if nearly everyone sounded different.

I still wonder who they used for the first part and how they recorded it. The quality seems pretty decent but I can't imagine them going into a real sound studio or something like that.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1704417:date=Apr 8 2009, 08:21 AM:name=daidalos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daidalos @ Apr 8 2009, 08:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1704417"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The problem with that is that most people don't have high quality microphones so it will be hard enough to get some good recordings.
    It's an idea you could try but I don't think it would work out that well.
    The possible upside with that is that it would probably be possible to get several decent voices so you can select the one you like, would add quite an atmosphere if nearly everyone sounded different.

I still wonder who they used for the first part and how they recorded it. The quality seems pretty decent but I can't imagine them going into a real sound studio or something like that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well like I said if they get poor quality submissions then they can discard them, they don't need to make an promises to use what the community puts together.

To the second bit, I think I remember people saying on the forums long ago that they got professional voice actors to do the recordings, and paid a pretty good amount of money for them.