Quick question

PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Will Resource-Share be inbuilt?</div>Will Resource-Share be inbuilt?

Should it be inbuilt?

Comments

• locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    Interesting question. I don't think I have a solid enough idea of what the resource system will look like to make a statement one way or the other.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    What do you mean by inbuilt?
  • themeatshieldthemeatshield Join Date: 2009-01-13 Member: 66078Members
    I'm not sure it's a good idea having aliens pool their resources early in the game. Imagine an NS1 fade within the first minute? And a second hive started within the first minute...

I think the way it works now is pretty good, where each player has to use their resources (doesn't always succeed in pubs, but meh).
    Well, I think the way it's going to work (and this is mostly my speculation), is that there are two resources (we know this already), but one is a 'team' resource, and one is a 'personal' resource. Changing lifeform could be dependent on spending *both* of those resources (scaled accordingly), if you don't have enough of either (maybe there's a cap on how much you can take out of the total team resources, eg. 30%), you can't change (you'll still need to have the necessary personal resources, regardless). Specific numbers balanced/determined by estimation, experimentation, testing and tweaking.

But again, what does the OP mean by inbuilt?
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    If you mean

/giveres

I hope not. 1minute Hive FTL.
  • Killer RicochetKiller Ricochet Join Date: 2008-12-03 Member: 65639Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1698722:date=Jan 28 2009, 01:44 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harimau @ Jan 28 2009, 01:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1698722"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But again, what does the OP mean by inbuilt?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think he is talking about comands like "/giveres", that wasn't a original part of the game, but were scripted to it. So this command wasn't inbuild. Inbuild would already come in the game.

And about this problem, I think research tree solves it. Problem is the symmetry.
    OH RIGHT. Yeah, well from what I can tell, the way NS2 is designed makes resource-share unnecessary.