Linux Server Troubles

scroobawlscroobawl Join Date: 2008-12-15 Member: 65780Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Commander map problem: map scrolling slow/can't click map corners</div><!--quoteo(post=1696161:date=Dec 15 2008, 10:05 PM:name=scroobawl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scroobawl @ Dec 15 2008, 10:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1696161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have a dedicated linux NS server. The problem started happening a couple days ago all of a sudden. Any player who is in the comm chair has problems when scrolling to different areas of the overhead map using the mouse no matter what direction. When scrolling to a hive it gets really slow and when you try to click to center on a hive the maps centers outside of the hive. Its almost like when scrolling walk is toggled making it slower, but the centering issue baffles me. I have tried to disable plugins, change config entries to their default state with no luck. Also stop and restarted the server after each config change attempt. Please help!! I also found that the cursor will only move in a circle from the center of the map so it never reaches the corners.

Thanks in Advance<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comments

• TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Weird! That is the first time I have ever heard of a bug like that.
    The only question I can come up with is "Does this happen on all NS maps or maybe just on a custom map?"

<!--coloro:#F4A460--><span style="color:#F4A460"><!--/coloro-->
    The problem started happening a couple days ago all of a sudden.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    Think back real hard, did you make any changes around that time?
  • VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    There has to be a reason for your error. Things like that don't magically happen to a mod that's been practically static for over a year.

I'd say make a copy of your server.cfg file and use a default one; then try running the server again. If it still doesn't fix it then I'd suggest re-installing your server from scratch, no plugins, and run the thing again.