Back-jumping / Circle-strafing / Dodging blink / Two-stepping

Climbing into acidic vent after the RT hitbox change
Boosting onto the box in Heating Room after the RT hitbox change

Blocking fades intentionally

Building two structures at a time

Zupe's retarded readyroom maps.

Comments

• BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Useful: The commander stuff with waypoints, ammopacks and sounds.

Fun: Gorges crushing HAs on lifts.
  • NoxolanNoxolan Join Date: 2007-12-30 Member: 63296Members
    "Hitbox desyncing to dodge bullets"

aadadaddadaddadadadadadadaaadadadaddaddadaa
    it always wins

also i like to(things that seem to make things fun and balanced)
    hide in rt hitbox as skulk,
    find hive with waypoint
    reload and hump armory at same time(doesnt work wtih SG)
    mine ladder
    get my gun after being killed by digest(onos) because i can see where i died on the top right map
    boost jp vertical speed by strafing up ladders
    rejoin before round start to have 2 more chances at a random spawn

some things that i like to do (but are not so balanced)
    bile bomb/acid rocket through walls/floors
    shoot alien player models that stick through thin walls/vents/floors
    block hive areas to prevent ninja-hive-drop-rushes
    open the door as the round starts on ns_origin in order to have door start open
    block ns_veil's weldable as alien so that it's always open
    kill in console so that onos can't eat me (or f4)
  • RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    These are from really really old versions of the game, but:

Infinite JP fuel at 100fps.

Blinking through the bast elevator at marine start back when blink actually teleported you and bast actually had an elevator there.

Onos gore punting HAs into unreachable locations.
  • RideRide Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22511Members
    The image in my head when I look back to see marines bhopping.
  • aNytiMeaNytiMe Join Date: 2008-03-31 Member: 64007Members, Constellation
    Building through walls. (especially building pgs, you can still do it in marine start on bast, build a pg through the permaclosed door to shave 20 seconds off of the trip to engineering hive, I had at least one successful 2.5 hive desperation take down when my team bypassed the alien team)

Finding cool spots to build sieges and advanced tfs. This will probably be helped in NS2 by the fact that you can pack up and move your sieges if you placed them incorrectly.
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    I like the intuitive ones (eg. mine ladders, gorge boosting) but dislike the unintuitive ones (eg. pancaking, building through floors).
  • aNytiMeaNytiMe Join Date: 2008-03-31 Member: 64007Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1692305:date=Nov 4 2008, 04:45 AM:name=PseudoKnight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PseudoKnight @ Nov 4 2008, 04:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1692305"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->unintuitive ones building through floors<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That isn't unintuitive at all. You'd assume that the "use" code isn't a projectile and is a simple radius effect and you would test your theory. You'd prove yourself right and give yourself a cookie. This one is a lot more rewarding than boosting gorges and mine ladders because it requires you to think outside of the matrix.

Also, how is pancaking unintuitive? Erratic movement to dodge bullets is the first thing I'd think of if I was a newborn baby.
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->because it requires you to think outside of the matrix.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Which makes it unintuitive. I'm not saying it's not easy to figure out given familiarity about how half-life games work. I'm saying it's not logical and would thus be unintuitive to those not familiar with game exploits.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, how is pancaking unintuitive?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I meant the exploit. Normal dodging is okay.
  • BCSephBCSeph Join Date: 2005-02-24 Member: 42384Members, Constellation
    not really in NS vanilla but /stuck through the window in MS into space on ns when you are the last marine

dropping any marine building on that one part of the rock wall outside in ns_hera that makes the building bounce back to map.

(older NS) OC walls and/or mass of DC chambers keeping 0-hive aliens alive

Onos and HA getting insta-killed by rotating door in old bast, or any damage giving elevator for that matter
  • BCSephBCSeph Join Date: 2005-02-24 Member: 42384Members, Constellation
    not really in NS vanilla but /stuck through the window in MS into space on ns when you are the last marine

dropping any marine building on that one part of the rock wall outside in ns_hera that makes the building bounce back to map.

(older NS) OC walls and/or mass of DC chambers keeping 0-hive aliens alive

Onos and HA getting insta-killed by rotating door in old bast, or any damage giving elevator for that matter
  • EmanonEmanon Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16254Members, Constellation
    Old school knockback which was involved in most marine "ownage" clips from back in the day.
  • SariselSarisel .::&#39; ( O ) &#39;;:-. .-.:;&#39; ( O ) &#39;::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
    Knockback was by far the best back when you could get launched across the room from a skulk bite.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Seems unfair to skulks though. Having to wait for the marine to land loses precious milliseconds.