Help: Holo textures

NSSlayerNSSlayer Join Date: 2006-11-12 Member: 58554Members
<div class="IPBDescription">How to create those fancy stripes?</div>I've started to work on co_attila and i want to make it uniqe, and making new computer screens, holographic signs etc. are an easy way to customize, BUT:

I really dont know how to make that stripe-noise(i hope you know what i mean). i've checked all the PS filters, but i couldnt find anything that i could use...

If you know the solution please share:D

Comments

• cyhawkcyhawk Join Date: 2004-06-12 Member: 29256Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1685096:date=Aug 1 2008, 01:19 PM:name=NSSlayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NSSlayer @ Aug 1 2008, 01:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1685096"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've started to work on co_attila and i want to make it uniqe, and making new computer screens, holographic signs etc. are an easy way to customize, BUT:

I really dont know how to make that stripe-noise(i hope you know what i mean). i've checked all the PS filters, but i couldnt find anything that i could use...

If you know the solution please share:D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know its not exactly what you'll be looking for but..

You can put the texture in a func_wall and give it renderfx 15 (Distort) or 16 (Hologram, Distort + Fade), and rendermode Texture, and renderamt 255

Its a bit fast, but it will work for a starting point.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Tv/screen scanlines is what you're after? Well you might want to have a look at creating your own patterns, google says:

<a href="http://www.webdeveloper.com/design/design_tv_scanlines.html" target="_blank">http://www.webdeveloper.com/design/design_tv_scanlines.html</a>

Might be just what you're looking for? As for entity settings cyhawk covered that...
  • NSSlayerNSSlayer Join Date: 2006-11-12 Member: 58554Members
    Thanx. I had no problem with the entity part,(i have used already the ns holotextures).

I hoped that i dont have to create a new pattern, but find an easy way to success... but as i can see i must create my own pattern.

Thank both of you