Vent Problem

[KKG] Jim[KKG] Jim Join Date: 2008-06-28 Member: 64519Members
I have a problem with the vents i have made in hammer, every time i load up my map in NS for testing it works, i go into the vents and they work, that is until i look and walk into the corners of my vents, then, it freezes, it does it in all my vents no matter what the size, i made the vents by hollowing a solid texture if that helps, please help me as I want to progress but with this big bug, I can't.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Are you using the nshulls file in the hlcsg part of compiling? This is actually a mandatory part of NS mapping as it will tell the compile tools how the player will clip in the map (Onos/skulk/marine sizes etc...)

Also I'm not a big fan of the hollowing tool, it is best to build every part of the map from scratch or from other parts you already build and then copy and paste those parts. That way you have full control over the brushes.

With "it freezes" I take it you mean you can't walk trough the corners? Or is Ns crashing/freezing?
  • [KKG] Jim[KKG] Jim Join Date: 2008-06-28 Member: 64519Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1683059:date=Jul 11 2008, 12:46 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kouji_San @ Jul 11 2008, 12:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1683059"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you using the nshulls file in the hlcsg part of compiling? This is actually a mandatory part of NS mapping as it will tell the compile tools how the player will clip in the map (Onos/skulk/marine sizes etc...)

Also I'm not a big fan of the hollowing tool, it is best to build every part of the map from scratch or from other parts you already build and then copy and paste those parts. That way you have full control over the brushes.

With "it freezes" I take it you mean you can't walk trough the corners? Or is Ns crashing/freezing?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am just running the map in Hammer with the 'don't run game' option used, so i don't know about nshulls. Also NS freezes altogether making me have to use ctrl + alt + delete to close it. What should I be using to compile my map?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Might want to look at this tool:

<a href="http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=2" target="_blank">Batchcompiler</a>

using the hullfile is mandatory as I already said if you want a fully working NS map. Otherwise you get the problem of aliens not being able to morph into an Onos without randomly falling trough the map floor and stuff like that.

It can be very easily added in batchcompiler on the csg tab. The hull file itself is located in the NS folder (nshulls.txt)
  • [KKG] Jim[KKG] Jim Join Date: 2008-06-28 Member: 64519Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1684219:date=Jul 22 2008, 06:56 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kouji_San @ Jul 22 2008, 06:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1684219"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Might want to look at this tool:

<a href="http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=2" target="_blank">Batchcompiler</a>
    using the hullfile is mandatory as I already said if you want a fully working NS map. Otherwise you get the problem of aliens not being able to morph into an Onos without randomly falling trough the map floor and stuff like that.

It can be very easily added in batchcompiler on the csg tab. The hull file itself is located in the NS folder (nshulls.txt)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for the link although i think that they are working now, all i had to do was make them manually! I haven't tried going onos yet so gonna try that soon. I might try adding nshulls.txt into the hammer options. Thanks!