Starting up ....again?

Milo_nzMilo_nz Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64554Members
edited July 2008 in New Player Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Help</div>OK i know you guys have been asked this many times over.
IM wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions.
I used to play this quite awhile ago and loved it to bits. Now im wanting to get back into it again.
So my questions are what do i need to get back into this? Counterstrike cd? Patches and all the other info needed? Do i have to be on steam? All help really appreciated. Please attatch adresses with all relevant info of downloads patches and or whatever else i need. Thanks do i have to download halflife off steam if i have a counterstrike cd?

Comments

• Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1682495:date=Jul 3 2008, 10:01 PM:name=Milo_nz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Milo_nz @ Jul 3 2008, 10:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1682495"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OK i know you guys have been asked this many times over.
    IM wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions.
    I used to play this quite awhile ago and loved it to bits. Now im wanting to get back into it again.
    So my questions are what do i need to get back into this? Counterstrike cd? Patches and all the other info needed? Do i have to be on steam? All help really appreciated. Please attatch adresses with all relevant info of downloads patches and or whatever else i need. Thanks do i have to download halflife off steam if i have a counterstrike cd?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/download/" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/download/</a>
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Just as a note, the above poster isn't being a butthead, all the information you need is there.

If you want a quick and easy solution, follow that guide. If you are, for some reason, adverse to downloading the 600 meg or so to install half-life you can safely assume to be seeking a world of frustration. I've heard that it's *possible* to install NS into a CS install... but very far from straightfoward.

--Scythe--
  • Milo_nzMilo_nz Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64554Members
    That was the exact info i was after ill give installing natural selection off th cs cd and if that doesnt work ill have to do it off halflife............thnks guys and hope to be seeing you inline soon.