Kharaa homeworld

GISPGISP Battle GorgeDenmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
<div class="IPBDescription">Kharaa homeworld theme.</div>Was wondering if thers going to be a kharaa home planet themed map(s)

And a question.
What are the envioment they come from?
wide open spaces, caves, forest etc etc?

Comments

• La ChupacabraLa Chupacabra Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63729Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1681131:date=Jun 14 2008, 03:04 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GISP @ Jun 14 2008, 03:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1681131"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Was wondering if thers going to be a kharaa home planet themed map(s)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    good question, while it might be cool to play on kharaa home planet (which would kinda go together with the "NS1 = first contact, NS2 = war"-concept but I wonder how would they implement res nodes into all of this...
  • ZavrixZavrix Join Date: 2007-03-20 Member: 60424Members
    Don't think that'd be really plausible because there'd be nowhere for the Marines to set up - I mean, complete infestation and all. Their homeworld isn't exactly like a station, where you have halls and rooms and such - its a big globular mess of biomass and nasty funky-gunk everywhere.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    i don't believe kharaa have a home planet - aren't they overgrown bacteria that developed on space stations?
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    Well it shouldn't be wide open because NS2 isn't being designed for that kind of gameplay. Maybe you could do a series of caves in an asteroid that the marines are drilling into when they hit the "source" of the infestion. It could be a natural hive room with all sorts of green stuff and a natural supply of water.