Attitude of todays NS Players

gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Just play the damn game</div>I had played NS since it first came out and did so for over 2 years. I only played off and on for the next year and stopped playing until recently. I browsed some servers and played a few games but the attitude on some servers is what is bringing this game down.

It is the calling out of players that are not as good as the rest and the "I am leet and you suck" attitude that will continue to bring this game down and you will get less and less people playing due to the harrasment they get when trying to play a GAME. Hence the word game people, just play the damn game.

We were all nubs at one point so give people a break. We all cant be super players right from the get go. Maybe you can be constructive instead of destructive and help build this game back up. The more new players that join up and play the better, fills up servers with PEOPLE not bots.

Comments

• locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1676728:date=Apr 24 2008, 09:31 AM:name=gamester_5)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gamester_5 @ Apr 24 2008, 09:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1676728"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had played NS since it first came out and did so for over 2 years. I only played off and on for the next year and stopped playing until recently. I browsed some servers and played a few games but the attitude on some servers is what is bringing this game down.

It is the calling out of players that are not as good as the rest and the "I am leet and you suck" attitude that will continue to bring this game down and you will get less and less people playing due to the harrasment they get when trying to play a GAME. Hence the word game people, just play the damn game.

We were all nubs at one point so give people a break. We all cant be super players right from the get go. Maybe you can be constructive instead of destructive and help build this game back up. The more new players that join up and play the better, fills up servers with PEOPLE not bots.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not to say you aren't right about the entrenched players scaring off new players, but there aren't that many new players these days. I'd say 95% of the people playing(even the less skilled players) now have been playing for a while. This creates an expectation among the community that even if you aren't good you still know generally know how to play the game. People see new players so rarely that they don't really know where to begin teaching them a complex old game.
  • La ChupacabraLa Chupacabra Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63729Members
    e-penis fencing... nothing you can really do about it I'm afraid. Those people need to blow off steam somehow and I don't think it has anything to do with NS - its a problem of every e-community.
  • SariselSarisel .::&#39; ( O ) &#39;;:-. .-.:;&#39; ( O ) &#39;::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
    You make it seem as though the majority of NS players are like this. This isn't true - the majority are silent and just play the game. However, just about every community has a group of bullies who are not adequately checked.

The problem is more in that there is no incentive to teach new players the ropes or to defend them. Why bother?
    1. The game is dead or as close to it as it has ever been.
    2. Players don't get rewarded for helping other players learn the game.
  • gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    No, I dont think it is the majority of the players, most are good and easy to deal with. But there are always a few asshats that tend to stand out and can ruin it for people just wanting to enjoy the game.

This is where it is a problem for newer or less skilled players that are trying to learn like we all did back in the day.

ON another note: bring back babbelers... :-)
  • nicegamemadenicegamemade Join Date: 2005-05-22 Member: 52211Members, Constellation
    I think they are fine, what servers have you been playing on? I rarely see those kind of messages these days, then again I'm banned from half the active servers in America so I wouldn't know. The previous poster was right, there are rude people in any e-community.
  • F4tManMGS2F4tManMGS2 Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27842Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1676758:date=Apr 24 2008, 02:38 PM:name=Sarisel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarisel @ Apr 24 2008, 02:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1676758"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You make it seem as though the majority of NS players are like this. This isn't true - the majority are silent and just play the game. However, just about every community has a group of bullies who are not adequately checked.

The problem is more in that there is no incentive to teach new players the ropes or to defend them. Why bother?
    1. The game is dead or as close to it as it has ever been.
    2. Players don't get rewarded for helping other players learn the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very true, but after acknowledging this I do hope that you at the least (if you play and do see these rude players) tell them to shove it and give a hand to the new guys.
  • Voodo_HUNVoodo_HUN Join Date: 2006-11-29 Member: 58773Members
    edited April 2008
    stuff moved to other topic by voodo, ye, me