Possible Xbox360... or other console gameplay?

VmanVman Join Date: 2007-09-11 Member: 62251Members
I was just wondering if unknownworlds was considering console gameing? maby natural selection 3 for the 360 (or higher platform than that?)

Comments

• corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1668007:date=Jan 21 2008, 06:54 AM:name=Vman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vman @ Jan 21 2008, 06:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1668007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was just wondering if unknownworlds was considering console gameing? maby natural selection 3 for the 360 (or higher platform than that?)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No. HELLLL no!
  • RadixRadix Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34654Members, Constellation
    He's probably talking about a port to the console, not a console-only game.

IIRC they were considering it, but it isn't their priority platform. I could be mistaken.
  • WispWisp Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63211Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    It would be a great way to rake in some cash and make the franchise more well known.
  • VmanVman Join Date: 2007-09-11 Member: 62251Members
    I agree Fully on that, i hope they decide to port it onto the 360, they have a great online (idk about ps3 ect) but hell xbox is backed by bill gates! eat that playstation! XD

on a more sereouse note I think... It would help i mean, after they get on their feet they should consider staying with steam and on the pc and also going with microsoft, ofcource it will be a rocky start but if it kicks off it will be a new mario! er... mmm... new halo! (i cant wait for halo 4 to come out >_> )
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I've nothing against it being ported to any of the current generation of consoles. What I'd be distinctly disappointed to see is the trend that's emerged in recent years, where the PC version of many games feels like a distinct hack.

It shows in everything, graphical, interface, gameplay. You end up with a game that was clearly designed to be played with a Joypad, and ends up with either half hearted at best or outfight idiosyncratic control mechanisms.
  • exoityexoity Join Date: 2003-03-17 Member: 14620Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Developing for a console can cost a lot of money, you would need to buy a developers kit and then have knowledge of the system. Not saying that they could not do it, but it does cost a lot of money.
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    I don't play many console games but thinking about NS, many people have hotkeys assigned for every action possible. I don't think this would translate so easily to a much more limited number of buttons.
  • Jungle_FishJungle_Fish Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11846Members
    don't think this game would work that well with the rts commander element.
  • Steve0Steve0 Join Date: 2007-07-17 Member: 61615Members
    IMHO , I see to many GOOD dev teams resorting to making games for consoles and pc's (cough Epic). This isnt a good idea as most of the time it dumbs the game down for the pc and end up getting some ######ty half arsed product even if it isnt a port the console elements are still there. ######ty UI and menus, a console like feel to it, not to mention controller options in keybinds/controls menus.

CONSOLE GAMERS PISS OFF PLEASE AND STOP MAKING PC GAMES WORSE FOR THE SUPERIOR PC GAMING HUMAN RACE kkthx.
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    The irony of that post reading exactly like the stereotypical 'console gamer' is not lost. You may need to lose a little grammar to get the perfect feel.
  • xposedxposed Join Date: 2006-10-26 Member: 58092Members
    Sounds really cool in theory. It would definitely go off on Xbox Live but as already stated I don't think the console game pad could do the game justice.. with regard to all the nuonces in NS.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I dunno, but fast paced FPS + RTS is not a good combo for console controls imho... The game would be completely different then the pc version in terms of controlability and playability. I think NS would need to be slowed down a lot for it to work on a console.