Natural Selection 2 News Update - Second Friday podcast

2»

Comments

• enigmaenigma Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31623Members
    please, remove the music.
  • WarmongerWarmonger Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13126Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1648255:date=Sep 9 2007, 03:41 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Sep 9 2007, 03:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1648255"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We were talking about Decoda.

I would say in response to your comments that copy protection doesn't have to cause the user headaches; it's just copy protection that tries to be uncrackable that causes (some) users problems. Trying to stop crackers doesn't seem to be very productive to me, since almost every (if not every) application has a crack for it. This is regardless of the sophistication of the copy protection scheme the application uses. However, you can still stop piracy among people who aren't going to download and install a crack, and to do that you don't need to do the invasive and problematic stuff that StarForce or SecuROM does.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree 100%. Thank you for clarifying that.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Are you planning to show the NS2TR alpha to anyone else in the near future?
  • DooGieDooGie Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34531Members, Constellation
    So, which place are you coming to Max? I'm kinda curious.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    edited September 2007
    <b>One question about the NS2TR:</b>

Hopefully some form of Official Mapping Guidelines document (or LDD) will be made available as part of the NS2TR. One crucial aspect of this is a list of all the player model collision hull dimensions, structure dimensions, weapon profiles, etc. Since a lot of this is likely to change slightly through playtesting, is it possible to have these values read directly from a UWE master page.

I.e. a line in the doc might read: "Offence Chamber - X:<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->48<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Y:<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->48<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Z:<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->92<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->"

If the doc were located in public UWE space and the source doc was located in private UWE space, could you make it so the master doc -automatically- updated its values from the NS2 script files and the public doc in turn autoupdated from the private doc, with any changes also added to the head of the NS2TR public doc (so you know something's been changed).

This would be really useful for level designers and also automatically keep them updated on any critical changes. It would also keep the official mapping document up to date for future public releases and fixes. So in a sense you'd always have an up-to-date official mapping document (peers at the archaic NS OMGs)
  • KuramaKurama Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62399Members
    I really liked NS and now you making a second one of it. It's hopefully gonna be increadeble like the first one and i looking forward to an beta.