Host elections for TWG XV

TheslanTheslan TWG Signature Maker Join Date: 2004-04-27 Member: 28245Members
Wow.... TWG XV coming up.

Welcome to Host Elections TWG XV. I was your host in TWG XIV, and we have several applications this time around.

Possible games:

- EMP Demon
- Nightstalker
- TheFenix

Descriptions of the games are below.
------------------------------------
<b>EMP Demon</b>

Player count: 12
Wolf count: 3
Human roles: Psychic, Guardian, 2x Graeae

Guardian has a 2/3 reduction to consecutive guards on the same person.

Graeae: Seer ability, but may only check every second night (One is designated as even nights, the other as odd.) They see each other as wolves.

More games with normal Seers, and more games with human wins... Coincidence? Possibly. The odds are pretty bad though...

--------------------
<b>Nightstalker</b>

ok Im interested, itll be the same thing as I tried to do last game, with a few mods. Its going to stay counterstrike, and the items and mini game will come later. Heres the gist....CT vs T (T are the wolves) takes place in cs_Assault and de_dust2, with mini missions and stuff on diffent maps (each map is a room of sorts where things can be found and used) Ill have the item list soon enough.

(HOST NOTE: I can only find the application from XIV from Nightstalker, so I assume this is it)

Nightstalker

Game Size: 15-18 players, perhaps more if there is enough interest

Roles: Guardian: Normal, can guard 1 person per night with a 99.9 percent chance of success
Seer: Normal, can look into 1 person per night and see if they are wolf or human.
Psychic: Normal, recieves a pm each night to know how many wolves are left in the game, does not know who they are though

Wolves: 3-4 wolves, if enough people, 5. Normal, can wolf one person each night with a 99.9 percent chance of success.

Im basing this game off the simplest of rules, no special powers other than what ive mentioned. The premise of the game is a counter terrorist cell has recieved a special assignment, to recover a stolen top secret weapon. No one knows what this weapon does, but the power of it is so great that in the wrong hands the world could change forever. There is another faction of terrorists that wants this weapon. These people are werwolves. they have managed to infiltrate an unknown number of their agents into this CT team. All this takes place in a world based off of any number of Counterstrike maps.

Mini game.

Along the way there will be opportunities to pick up specialzed weapons and equipment. ie... shotgun, body armor, grenades...etc.etc... you can only hold up to 1 weapon and 1 piece of equiptment. all equiptment it a one time use.

Item list :

Shotgun: allows the holder negate the effects of instalynch, and kills last person to vote for them.
Heavy Armor: Prevents from being wolfed for one night
Sniper Rifle: Allows person to kill one other person, does not count as instalynch, so possible 2 deaths in one day
Grenade: If person wolfed at night, random wolf killed, if held by wolf, random player who has voted for the wolf is killed.
Night Vision : Allows person to look into one other person and see if wolf or human
Jetpack : Allows person to move about the map to any location, no matter the distance.
Motion Tracker : Allows person to know the location of all the items, not what item it is though.
Medpack : Can revive one player does not matter cause of death
Ammunition: Allows person to reuse any item in their inventory a second time (effect does not apply to medpack, grenade, or ammunition)
Welder : Allows person to remove one vote from themselves.

----------------------------
<b>TheFenix</b>

(HOST NOTE: As far as I can tell, this isn't really a game, just more like a note of saying he'll run if nobody else will)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Since there were about 13 players last game, we'll do a majority vote. First one to 5-6 wins. If that doesn't happen, the first one that stays in the lead for more than 10 days gets the host.

Comments

• NightstalkerNightstalker Join Date: 2007-01-06 Member: 59463Members
    edited July 2007
    yes thats the one Item review though:

Shotgun: allows the holder negate the effects of instalynch, and kills last person to vote for them.
    Body Armor: Prevents from being wolfed for one night
    AWP: Allows person to kill one other person, does not count as instalynch, so possible 2 deaths in one day
    HE Grenade: If person wolfed at night, random wolf killed, if held by wolf, random player who has voted for the wolf is killed.
    Night Vision : Allows player to look into one other person and see if wolf or human
    Superman MOD : Allows person to move about the map to any location, no matter the distance.
    Radar : Allows person to know the location of all the items, not what item it is though.
    Medpack : Can revive one player does not matter cause of death
    Ammunition: Allows person to reuse any item in their inventory a second time (effect does not apply to Mp5, grenade, or ammunition)
    Mp5: Allows person to remove one vote from themselves.
  • Eternaly_LostEternaly_Lost Join Date: 2004-11-20 Member: 32907Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    <b>EMP Demon</b>

Cause Items games only work with large number of players, and TheFenix did not really give a game idea.

Once the numbers start to grow though...
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    If more people get in the game, then Nightstalker gets my vote.

Until then...

<b>vote EMP Demon</b>
  • im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    <b>EMP Demon</b>

There aren't enough people for Nightstalker's game (we had 12 for our last game, and two of them ended up being inactive), and so many items that are just obtained by luck seems to create too much randomness without helping things. Sure, the mayor power could really swing things toward either side, but it relied on clues that forced interaction.

And besides, I can't believe we've gone so long without trying the two half-seer idea (though the two-month signups kind of skews that).
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1641274:date=Jul 30 2007, 12:42 AM:name=im_lost)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(im_lost @ Jul 30 2007, 12:42 AM) [snapback]1641274[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    <b>EMP Demon</b>

There aren't enough people for Nightstalker's game (we had 12 for our last game, and two of them ended up being inactive), and so many items that are just obtained by luck seems to create too much randomness without helping things. Sure, the mayor power could really swing things toward either side, but it relied on clues that forced interaction.

And besides, I can't believe we've gone so long without trying the two half-seer idea (though the two-month signups kind of skews that).
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    what he said
    <b>EMP Demon</b>
  • XentorXentor Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5877Members
    <b>EMP Demon</b>

Instalynch! Heh.
  • TheFeniXTheFeniX Join Date: 2007-07-12 Member: 61569Members
    <b>EMP Demon</b>

Sorry about not getting my idea to you. I have a rough draft... at home. Anyways, it's not near ready to go as this entire weekend was spent setting up, running, and cleaning up for my sister's wedding.
  • TheslanTheslan TWG Signature Maker Join Date: 2004-04-27 Member: 28245Members
    <!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Night whatever, no posting!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Instalynch! Yeah, yeah... take it away EMP Demon, you pretty much won this by a landslide.
  • EMP_DemonEMP_Demon Nothing to see here. Join Date: 2005-01-28 Member: 38754Members, Constellation
    Okay, sign up thread is <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=2790011763102348288&showtopic=102169" target="_blank">here</a>, and it opens July 30th (today <_<) at 3 PM EST.

Good luck everyone! *still caught a bit off guard*