CL_packetloss or some such sillyness

ChaliceChalice Join Date: 2007-06-20 Member: 61313Members
I keep getting these CL_packetloss things not always that but always CL_something it freezed up the entire game for long enough that its ruining the game for me. I haven't had this happen since WON so any idea on how to fix it would be very apprieciated. Thanks

Comments

• AnAkInAnAkIn Join Date: 2006-09-18 Member: 58020Members
    CL_FLUSHENTITYPACKET.

I think it's a problem with your connection...or give cl_cmdrate/cl_updaterate/rate values.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    if you are getting error msgs you should copy them down and simply punch them into steampowered.com

I have done this for you:
    <a href="http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=49&p_created=1092281920&p_sid=ASUS1-Gi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PUNMX0ZMVVNIRU5USVRZUEFDS0VU&p_li=&p_topview=1" target="_blank">Here Yah Go</a>

If that ISN'T the right error msg, make sure you copy down the correct one and punch it in there.

If you are still having problems then come back here (or go to the Steam forums) and give us(or them) system specs (focusing on NIC/Router/Connection/firewall) and exactly what steps you have taken to try fixing it.