Upgrade Robots

HarrowerHarrower Join Date: 2005-03-16 Member: 45478Members
edited April 2007 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">STAT!</div>So I was thinking about that post from a few days ago talking about psychic robots, and while it's a really bad idea, it did bring this to mind:

What if the CC could be upgraded into a vehicle? The commander could access some areas (obviously not vents) and move with the marines?

You could do all sorts of stuff from there. Upgrade a mounted weapon and have another player hop in to pilot it. Of course it would have to be balanced but that's simple once the idea is innovated.

EDIT: Specifically I like the idea of turning the CC into a strider/atst-type walker.

Comments

• PikminwarsPikminwars Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58468Members
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    sorry but .....ROFL
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    kidding, right?

right?
  • LiteFireDarkLiteFireDark Join Date: 2007-04-15 Member: 60643Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1622005:date=Apr 19 2007, 04:16 PM:name=Harrower)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harrower @ Apr 19 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1622005[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    So I was thinking about that post from a few days ago talking about psychic robots, and while it's a really bad idea, it did bring this to mind:

What if the CC could be upgraded into a vehicle? The commander could access some areas (obviously not vents) and move with the marines?

You could do all sorts of stuff from there. Upgrade a mounted weapon and have another player hop in to pilot it. Of course it would have to be balanced but that's simple once the idea is innovated.

EDIT: Specifically I like the idea of turning the CC into a strider/atst-type walker.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rah-full.
    That's all I'm saying.

A movable CC is just asking for some newbie commander to be
    all like "What's this button do?"

And when they press it they turn into a Strider (HL2 or nature reference?)
    or maybe..

..an AT-ST?

Oops..Didn't hear the news..maybe I should get an update from
    Flayra about when he got George Lucas to join the team.

Sorry..

My point is the idea seems kind of ludacris.

Yes the technology is advanced, but why would
    you want a mobile CC.

It would ruin the general idea of an NS map (protect
    and destroy) for the marine side in my honest opinion.
  • Moving_Target0Moving_Target0 Join Date: 2006-12-21 Member: 59174Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1622091:date=Apr 20 2007, 06:12 AM:name=LiteFireDark)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LiteFireDark @ Apr 20 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]1622091[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Rah-full.
    That's all I'm saying.

A movable CC is just asking for some newbie commander to be
    all like "What's this button do?"

And when they press it they turn into a Strider (HL2 or nature reference?)
    or maybe..

..an AT-ST?

Oops..Didn't hear the news..maybe I should get an update from
    Flayra about when he got George Lucas to join the team.
    Sorry..

My point is the idea seems kind of ludacris.

Yes the technology is advanced, but why would
    you want a mobile CC.

It would ruin the general idea of an NS map (protect
    and destroy) for the marine side in my honest opinion.

seconded.
  • HarrowerHarrower Join Date: 2005-03-16 Member: 45478Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1622040:date=Apr 19 2007, 08:53 PM:name=BentRing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BentRing @ Apr 19 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]1622040[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    kidding, right?

right?

lol.
  • Bigbio2002Bigbio2002 Join Date: 2007-02-07 Member: 59903Members
    Actually, this might not be a bad idea. Instead of having to drop a new CC if you want to relocate base, you have to move the original CC to where you want to go! Of course, if an alien attacks it, it falls over and has to re-convert into its mobile form.

It doesn't have to be a wierd walker robot or anything, maybe it can just pop out wheels and roll like a tank. Maybe a rine needs to push it on a dolly? lol.