Source RT

ReekeReeke Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688Members Posts: 773 Fully active user
model concept
Putting this in here as it's really just a concept piece, my own take on a sourceified RT tounge.gif

Model took a couple of hours, about 45 mins for the UV. Il update later once ive skinned it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Comments

• MentarMentar Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30321Members Posts: 249
    Looks good. When you've skinned it i'd love to get a hold of it and see what it looks like in my map smile-fix.gif
  • TheTitanTheTitan IL, USA Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20307Members, Constellation Posts: 132 Advanced user
    very nice work. I would love to see this with a skin.
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
    very nice work a few crits though

it seems too smooth, along with it seems to look odd around the base. like a propped on piece of clay i feel it needs to look like its actually growing from the ground and over the node, not popped on..

the arms look like they have hands on the end when its supposed to be an infestive support, i feel the hand like ends should fray out to be an infestive support the blocky fingers..

smile-fix.gif otherwise very good work
    lerking around, gorging on all your food then skulking away.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Posts: 4,269 Advanced user
    Looks quite good, but it looks more like a new alien life-form than a RT.

Looks like a creature with no loegs that drags itself along with it's giant front claws.
    Games:Subnautica Fan Game Mods: GorgeCraft & CTF & Proving Grounds Website: andysoulrider.uk
    Twitter: @AndySoulRider Twitch: Twitch.tv/SoulRider YouTube: Youtube.com/user/IamSoulRider/videos

Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
    Knowledge is gained through listening, Understanding is gained through discussion.
  • SolitarioSolitario Join Date: 2006-10-29 Member: 58097Members Posts: 245
    great model! I'm looking forward to the skinned version!
  • MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 224 Fully active user
    This looks pretty cool. I'm currently working on a small NS2 Style Map, dunno if I will finish it.

The map is based uppon a map created by a mapper from the Interlopers Community.

If you will finish it and wont mind, then I would like to implement this model in my map ^^.

Greetings,

Maxunit
    I like to be in the darkness and to be unseen...
  • ReekeReeke Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688Members Posts: 773 Fully active user
    along with it seems to look odd around the base. like a propped on piece of clay i feel it needs to look like its actually growing from the ground and over the node, not popped on..

Yeah your right, i didnt pay any attention to the base, just slipped my mind.

looks more like a new alien life-form than a RT.

Looks like a creature with no loegs that drags itself along with it's giant front claws.

Haha, other than having the special ability to disguise itself as an RT, it would be a pretty useless alien tounge.gif

The skin is taking longer than i thought it would, but its coming along ok. Never skinned anything in the NS style before so its quite experimental.
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members Posts: 1,642
    well keep at it reke your tops mate, good to see more blood for the pro alien fray

skrew all those strait steel, gun, human created dull lifeless objects

bring it on bio matter
    Stop by see some of my latest works in maya, ill even evently host my WIP's and old old works.
    http://nex17.deviantart.com/
    search under digital art works
  • zone_Blackwolfzone_Blackwolf Join Date: 2004-06-20 Member: 29415Members Posts: 39
    edited December 2006
    Very interesting, it looks very good.

Don't know how good it looks, when it has a skin. smile-fix.gif
    Maybe you should check the part of the RT, which is connected to the node (the unimproved metal platforms).
    => I think this connection part is a little bit too wide.

All in all it's awesome.

tsa.gif B!ackw0lF
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sigs may not exceed 400x75 and/or 40KB in total. No exceptions. -Talesin
  • ReekeReeke Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688Members Posts: 773 Fully active user
    Home from uni, my good comp had to stay behind so i dont have access to it for about 3 weeks sad-fix.gif

This computer lags with internet explorer, so working with 30+layer photoshop documents and max at the same time is out of the question im afraid tounge.gif

I'l finish this off when i get back
  • iFireiFire Join Date: 2002-07-31 Member: 1038Members Posts: 375
    What software are you using? 3d studio max?
    yes max for the modelling
  • Goldenbird05Goldenbird05 Join Date: 2006-12-16 Member: 59088Members Posts: 13
    looks awesome, but why you made it?
    I mean for what...you are not a member of flayra´s team right?
    of course not, i just enjoy modelling/skinning organic forms. tounge.gif
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Posts: 5,602
    Keep up the good work Reeke, I expect only the best from you. wink-fix.gif
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Join Date: 2006-12-28 Member: 59291Members Posts: 24
    QUOTE(Reeke @ Dec 20 2006, 01:52 PM) »

of course not, i just enjoy modelling/skinning organic forms. tounge.gif

and loads of those who only play public migh enjoy custom models when they play.
  • frostymoosefrostymoose Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20799Members Posts: 852
    Looks pretty nice. I don't think it really fits the kharaa style, though. It's really busy.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members Posts: 10,501
    It's not any busier than a hive or the existing RT. The only reason you don't have a lot parts sticking out on the existing Kharaa stuff is because goldsrc can't push enough polygons. The onos, for example, has a bunch of tentacle things, and the hive is one giant dangly bit hanging from four supporting dangly thingers.
    QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 AM) »
    What is wrong with being a racist?

if there wasnt a polly count to think about, i would have made it a lot more "busy" with dangly bits all over tounge.gif

Looking forward to finishing this off when i get back to uni, the main project i work on (II) is at a standstill currently with the up coming release, so I've got nothing else to work on for a bit tsa.gif
    Sort of forgot about this one didnt I

I DID work on the skin when i got back to uni... about two months ago tounge.gif. This is what i got up to back then, before putting other things first and forgetting to finish the job. Most of it is just a base to work off, il finish it... someday tounge.gif
    IPB Image
  • Spawn_of_Chaos97Spawn_of_Chaos97 Join Date: 2006-11-21 Member: 58694Members Posts: 192
    Someday...SOON! Or else...asrifle.gif

lol anyways, nice! The skin looks...ionno, too shiny? Don't specmap it or envmap it, those are just for metal textures!...
    IPB Image

Thanx again Belgarion!
    dont worry, those are just max settings in the render tounge.gif
  • Zor2Zor2 Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35341Members, Constellation Posts: 213
    That looks incredible. Nice work!
  • SpaceJesusSpaceJesus Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29683Banned Posts: 938
    QUOTE(Spawn_of_Chaos97 @ Mar 13 2007, 07:47 PM) »
    Don't specmap it or envmap it, those are just for metal textures!...

I wonder if its actually possible to be more wrong....
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sigs are not to exceed 400x75 or 22KB. No exceptions. -Talesin
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Posts: 5,602
    QUOTE(SpaceJesus @ Mar 14 2007, 05:22 PM) »

I wonder if its actually possible to be more wrong....

Haha you took the words right out of my mouth.

I like the skin Reeke, looks like a frog/toads skin.
  • Spawn_of_Chaos97Spawn_of_Chaos97 Join Date: 2006-11-21 Member: 58694Members Posts: 192
    Well envmapping anyways is *ahem* MOSTLY for metals...

Specular, yeah...I realize that I was being dumb there...
    IPB Image

Thanx again Belgarion!
  • Lt.RealnessLt.Realness Join Date: 2004-03-17 Member: 27379Members Posts: 740 Fully active user
    wow that rendered one on the screenshot looks slimy and disgusting! that's what Aliens and their structures should look like. good job!
    85.236.98.56:27015 #yo-clan | www.yoclan.com [Classic Only]
  • HatlabuFarkasHatlabuFarkas Join Date: 2005-03-09 Member: 44496Members Posts: 338
    edited March 2007
    GO0d JOB !! the texture trouble is : this texture has different like the Infestation !! can U change the textures ? i think the same color with the Infestation is best (-: smile-fix.gif

( Edited : This picture have a duplicated SHADOWS ?? or i see wrong ? )
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I am a Deviantart Drawer
    I am a Hungarian NS Translator.
    I am a LAN PARTY organizatior.
    I wanna be a constellation member.
    I have a S TEAM account. account name is : Hatlabu_Farkas

I am a TeamSpeak 2 Server Admin
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 3,509
    its a really nice looking model, but i dont know if it fits in place of an ns infestationesque structure. infestation is usually more clumpy, your model looks like its got some tentacles and tails and whatnot. if there are any tentacle type things on aliens or aliens tructures its usually a completely different look than the rest of the model. its hard to describe.

for example, the 'dreadlocks' on the onos, or the 'tails' on the skulk are the types of things im referring too. they are long tail-like appendages, but they have a distinct look about them. the buildings are all the same, very clumpy except for on some of them they might have the distinct tail like infestation part.
    the artist formerly known as 6john
    and
    the artist currently known as d*uchebagatron