why cant you understand?

ThePebblerThePebbler Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58793Members
Ns was originally about having fun. Ever since it began it catered to competitive play it has changed. In competition the only thing that matters is if you win or lose. So that now it's only fun if you win. Seriously, go back to the fun factor. CAL NS is dead anyways.

Comments

• TrueVeritasTrueVeritas Join Date: 2006-10-20 Member: 58082Members
    PLEASE lock this thread before it gets out of hand. Don't respond, because he's just trying to rage you.
  • ThePebblerThePebbler Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58793Members
    Thanks for the helpful response.
  • coriscoris Join Date: 2003-07-08 Member: 18034Members, Constellation
    I have a lot more fun while playing in a competative environment thatn i have while pubbing, simply because the skill and team-play levels are so much higher. Having six people really working for a common goal is much more fun than having 10 randomly doing things and perhaps killing a hive.
  • ThePebblerThePebbler Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58793Members
    Another thing, you balance the game for such a low amount of people. Some of use like to play with alot of friends.
  • Femme_FataleFemme_Fatale Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54310Members, Constellation
    simply my opinion
    but competitive play isnt about fun
    its about winning.

i absolutely do not see the fun in this.

and before we go pubbashing again,just remember
    every unlocked server out there is a pub.
  • MrBenMrBen ns_eclipse, ns_veil caretaker Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8575Members
    The beatings clanners deliever on public play cannot compete with the beatings top tier clanners took on their path up to that level. We've lost more games and in more painful ways than you could possibly comprehend but we're fine with it because we've found something more forfilling than just joining a public server. We find more fun in team of people who we like and call friends, they also happen to share a common goal of self improvement, we found teamwork beyond anything you can imagine on your 18 player server, we found discussing strategies and perfecting them rewarding beyond anything a single game of public could provide. Do you not consider the reasons why we so passionately defend competitive 6v6?

Clanners are in reality the least arrogant players out there, they recognise their position within their own community and actively seek out critisim and help from players they recognise to be better. They play teams they know to be better and teams they know they'll lose to because they play for a bigger picture other than that one match, they play for their team. They play because they find self improvement rewarding, they improve themselves so they don't let down their team. There's a sense of camaraderie within a team where you don't want to let down your friends with your performance. You don't want to be the weak link, the strength of your team drives you to improve and when you see your teams performances improve it's incredibly satisfying.

We prefer to win because to us it proves we've achieved something, we find progression rewarding, we find improving our strategies rewarding, we find improving our teamplay rewarding, and we enjoy seeing that progression pay off when we beat teams that were previously superior. This is fun. This is enjoyable.

For me this is fun. It's more rewarding, enjoyable and immsersive than simply joining any server, picking any team, playing with anybody, with average teamwork, no general co-ordination and overall strategy or tactics. I feel like I've taken something more away from my gaming experience than just the minor enjoyment I get from fragging on public, I enjoy a more indepth social aspect with the people I play with daily.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    Oh god here we go...

I like to play a game which is fun AND balanced, I find that here, cry more.
  • Rapier7Rapier7 Join Date: 2004-02-05 Member: 26108Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1613747:date=Mar 12 2007, 07:37 AM:name=MrBen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrBen @ Mar 12 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]1613747[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Boring Stuff
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't care about your ###### trials and tribulations over a goddamn video game.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I can't see this thread going anywhere good.

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->LOCKED<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.