Firefox keeps resetting itself(resetting the settings)

PetcoPetco Join Date: 2003-07-27 Member: 18478Members, Constellation
edited January 2007 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">I tried searching already</div>Everything is updated, and occasionally when I open firefox it may reset everything.

The settings in Tools > Options all go to default. The add ons and bookmarks are left intact, but it's still rather annoying.

Anyone know why there is a problem and how to fix it?

Edit: Also, their forums have a lot of spam and ads from random posters.

Comments

• illhillh Join Date: 2004-08-31 Member: 31104Members
    Go to options -> privacy -> Private Data box: uncheck/change settings on "Always clear my private data when I close firefox"
  • PetcoPetco Join Date: 2003-07-27 Member: 18478Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1602157:date=Jan 27 2007, 01:08 AM:name=illh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(illh @ Jan 27 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]1602157[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Go to options -> privacy -> Private Data box: uncheck/change settings on "Always clear my private data when I close firefox"
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's not it. The "resets" occasionally happen, not always. It happened once a week ago, now today it happened 3-4 times in a row.
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh&#33; Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    I had the same problem before. I just saved my favs and did a reinstall. I believe it started happening to me after i downloaded a plugin. Since i did the reinstall I've yet to download the plugins again and havent had that problem anymore.
  • TheGuyTheGuy Join Date: 2003-08-09 Member: 19295Members, Constellation
    Most if not all Firefox problems occur due to problems in the profile. Try creating a new profile and seeing if the problem persists. If not then just copy over your bookmarks and get new extensions and you're set.