Low Poly Weapons

MaverickkMaverickk Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58857Members
I've pieced together a low poly set of most things ingame from various fan made packs, but I've yet to find the following, if any were ever created;

low poly shotgun (not a doom one)
low poly pistol (not a doom one)
low poly nade launcher
low poly hmg

i've got all models and structures low poly, just need those. i play rines' 99% of the time so i could really use them.

Comments

• SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    They have not been created yet.

I've done more lowpoly work than anyone else for NS, and I didn't do my work until years after other people had stopped. It looks like it's time for someone else to pick up the torch. Reducing the polycount of an existing model isn't too difficult, and provides a good introduction to modeling in general. You're the one with the most incentive to create those models, so you should be the one to do it. I'm willing to help you with questions you might have, as long as it looks like you're making an effort.

Start by downloading a copy of Milkshape, and reading a tutorial on how to use it. The milkshape trial only lasts 30 days, after that it costs $30. If you want something that's completely free, download Blender and read a tutorial on that. (Though I can't help you with Blender, and I know Milkshape is well suited to low poly modelling). You might be able to learn milkshape and finish all four of those models in 30 days, though.
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    yes i agree milk shape is nice and easy, 30 days should be plenty to lower the try count of a few guns

so we can ask you any question and get help where and when we need it... cool ill come back to you the momment i can get my maya to exsport smd's
  • PogoPPogoP Environment Artist Join Date: 2004-01-31 Member: 25827Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1591252:date=Dec 22 2006, 02:16 PM:name=NEX9)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NEX9 @ Dec 22 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1591252[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    yes i agree milk shape is nice and easy, 30 days should be plenty to lower the try count of a few guns

so we can ask you any question and get help where and when we need it... cool ill come back to you the momment i can get my maya to exsport smd's
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He didn't just announce to everybody in the forum that everybody can go to him for help, he was speaking to the thread starter. Don't assume, ask him first.