3.2 linux help

LonelyLonely Join Date: 2006-11-01 Member: 58164Members
<div class="IPBDescription">having troubles with my server</div>i just put on the patch for ns 3.2 in the ns root directory in my ftp for the server, i go to connect to the server, and it tells me the game hasnt even been installed when it has.
does the ns root directory have to be called nsp?

Comments

• puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    yeah, it has to be installed into nsp. Please use the full installer, not the 3.1->3.2 server patch.

If you have a rented server, then you will have to get your gsp to change the startup line from <i>-game ns</i> to <i>-game nsp</i>
  • LonelyLonely Join Date: 2006-11-01 Member: 58164Members
    could i just delete the ns directory under the ip and install the full version and still work?
    and change the game startup cmd
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    there's no need to delete the ns directory, but you can if you want to. Just unzip the full server zip from the hlds directory and it will create an nsp directory.
    what is gsp and how did i find it and change it.
    gsp = 'games service provider'. I only mentioned it in case you didn't have access to the startup script ( common for rented game servers ), in which case you would have to talk to the people you rent from to have the startup line changed. If you can edit the startup line yourself, then just disregard all I've said about gsp.