proper building gibs (source)

douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
remember in hl2 when you smashed a table and you could watch it fall apart like a real table would? my idea is to take that idea and apply it to the buildings in nss. i wouldnt be too incredibly difficult i wouldnt think and it would add an amazing effect when a building is destroyed.

for alien buildings i dont think it would work too well. it might be kinda neat to add death animations to them though, where they split open or flop over on the floor, then kinda evaporate with some spiffy effect from nanites or some jazz. or a hive falling off the ceiling and crushing whatevers under it.

Comments

• tigersmithtigersmith Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1564125:date=Jul 21 2006, 10:59 PM:name=6john)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6john @ Jul 21 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]1564125[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    remember in hl2 when you smashed a table and you could watch it fall apart like a real table would? my idea is to take that idea and apply it to the buildings in nss. i wouldnt be too incredibly difficult i wouldnt think and it would add an amazing effect when a building is destroyed.

for alien buildings i dont think it would work too well. it might be kinda neat to add death animations to them though, where they split open or flop over on the floor, then kinda evaporate with some spiffy effect from nanites or some jazz. or a hive falling off the ceiling and crushing whatevers under it.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice Idea. I could really see the Hive falling and Crashing down on the ground. Then have some crazy effect to despawn it from that area lol.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Agree completely. Marine buildings breaking up or having metal pieces fly off when destroyed would be more in line with some of the original NS stories I've read that have been on the site.
  • HellbillyHellbilly A whole title out of pity... Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3931Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I also very much agree, that cool destroy effects or animations would be great.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd love to see alien chambers dissolve into bacteria
  • J!J! NS2 Artist Join Date: 2004-11-14 Member: 32788Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Assuming it isn't too much work, it would add a great visual dynamic to the game, so I'd be all for it.