Welding Vents?

RedemptionRedemption Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5557Members
<div class="IPBDescription">explain plz...</div> I didnt find a helpful topic with the search and I have sat at numerous vents with welder and nothing woul dhappen, so... can someone explain the process to me?

Comments

• InjuryInjury Mahou Shoujo Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7992Banned
    Well, you have to press the fire key to activate the Welder! But seriously, you have to be in front of a vent with a weld logo. When you start welding, a small bar will appear at the bottom of your screen, that's your weld progress. I can't think of anything else right now, brain flooded with soda.
  • RedemptionRedemption Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5557Members
    I thought thats what it was, and the only vents that have that are mostly useless anyway! map makers must like aliens
  • TacoSupremeTacoSupreme Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2562Members
    There are lots of good vents that can be welded shut though, like that one to the marine spawn in maps like Ns_Bast and Ns_Caged. Basically unless you plan to use the vent with a jetpack later, is there any reason it should be left open? Nothing bugs me more than running down a long vent and seeing it sealed off at the end so I have to turn around.
  • z-manz-man Join Date: 2002-07-22 Member: 982Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Redemption+Nov 24 2002, 03:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Redemption @ Nov 24 2002, 03:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I thought thats what it was, and the only vents that have that are mostly useless anyway! map makers must like aliens<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i don't think so - the weldable wents are the ones that just redirect aliens to go another way ...