#farmteams...

nInnIn Join Date: 2004-09-20 Member: 31826Members
Ok,

I have registered a channel on mIRC for farmteams. Basically what I want is for clan leaders of other clans who are interested in starting a farm team to come to the channel and be there to advertise their farm team and for recruiting purposes. If you are a leader of a clan or have a lot of ns experience and want to start a farm team pm me and I will give you ops.

On a side note if anyone knows how to do that topic mask stuff please pm me on irc so I can set it up for that channel.

The channel is #farmteams.

Comments

• CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    Great idea, heres to hoping it succeeds
  • Router_BoxRouter_Box Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31483Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited June 2005
    If you are a team that needs some help from those kinds of teams that stomp you in scrims and matches or a brand new team starting out that needs some help learning the tricks of competitive play, then #farmteams is the place to get some.

If you have never played competitive ns and always wondered how much better this team game would be with actual and real organization, then #farmteams is the best place to get on a team that will actually win next season.

This channel is for teams that want help, people that want teams, and vets looking to be awesome and generous with their time.

The coming cal season should see a good group of these teams, so there will be intense, even competition between newer teams. Not the same old newer teams getting rocked by older teams garbage we've always seen.

#farmteams ftw
  • EmanonEmanon Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16254Members, Constellation
    (sorry about the cross post but:)
    Would anyone like to start a tutorial site that shows players how to start and keep a clan together?
    Many things are just unexplained when starting a team:

How to get sponsored or where to find a server to scrim/match on?
    How to setup the team in cal
    How to create and run a team with almost no investment.
    How to keep things organized.
    Things to look for when watch matches on HLTV.
    How to use IRC.
    How to setup a channel in IRC and assign admins.
    List of channels to idle in. (i.e. #findnsscrim, #nspickup)
    Good ways to setup practice schedules.
    How to setup scrims.
    How to keep players involved.
    How to learn from mistakes.
    How to stay positive.

There are alot more....

This would be really helpfull as most people dont know where to start and would rather give up. I dont think a site has been created before on how to make a team, most sites are about how to play the game.

I do have a site available if anyone would like to use it, no strings attached, totally free:
    www.nsgamer.com/site

I would try to do this myself but I dont have the time and I'm not good with phpnuke. Some effort has already been put in.
  • KmartKmart Honourary Euro Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 32966Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin-Emanon+Jun 21 2005, 04:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Emanon @ Jun 21 2005, 04:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> (sorry about the cross post but:)
    Would anyone like to start a tutorial site that shows players how to start and keep a clan together?
    Many things are just unexplained when starting a team:

How to get sponsored or where to find a server to scrim/match on?
    How to create and run a team with almost no investment.
    How to keep things organized.
    Things to look for when watch matches on HLTV.
    How to use IRC.
    How to setup a channel in IRC and assign admins.
    List of channels to idle in. (i.e. #findnsscrim, #nspickup)
    Good ways to setup practice schedules.
    How to setup scrims.
    How to keep players involved.
    How to learn from mistakes.
    How to stay positive.

There are alot more....

This would be really helpfull as most people dont know where to start and would rather give up. I dont think a site has been created before on how to make a team, most sites are about how to play the game.

I do have a site available if anyone would like to use it, no strings attached, totally free:
    www.nsgamer.com/site

I would try to do this myself but I dont have the time and I'm not good with phpnuke. Some effort has already been put in. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There are any number of higher-level competitive players who would be more than happy to help out lower teams / teams that are just forming if they were just asked for help. There's no need to write long elaborate guides and tutorials on starting a team (which is a markedly different experience for everyone) when you've got high level NS players out there who sit and spam their own IRC channels wishing they had some excuse to play some NS.

IRC is really the gateway to nearly everything in competitive NS, so if you're intent on starting a team you should learn how to use that first. There are a number of guides/new user services at www.gamesurge.net (for yanks and canucks) or www.quakenet.org (for euros and other freaks).
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    :/ two topics of the same thing in different forums... tisk tisk. Keeping this one.
  • tjosantjosan Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16374Members, Constellation
    I'm sorry, but this is stickied in competetive forums... I doubt anyone who is meant to see this will...
  • Router_BoxRouter_Box Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31483Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited June 2005
  • MrBenMrBen ns_eclipse, ns_veil caretaker Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8575Members
    Yeah really, the people reading this don't need to know, this is more for general discussion or new player forum.
  • Swirl1Swirl1 Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28041Members
    Ben, your sig is magical!
  • Swirl1Swirl1 Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28041Members
    my word, now its in my sig as well!

#vexns on quakenet for the knife farmteam!
  • MrBenMrBen ns_eclipse, ns_veil caretaker Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8575Members
    I was worried that new players who need to learn about competitive NS wouldn't find this thread but evidently my concerns weren't needed. I applaud swirl's resourcefulness.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Who the **** would pay £10000 for your sorry ****, ben?!
  • ClashenClashen Join Date: 2003-08-22 Member: 20087Members
  • nInnIn Join Date: 2004-09-20 Member: 31826Members
    #farmteams is now open to all clans that are wishing to recruit. Just stop by the channel and pm an op for info. If you are a clan that is wanting to recruit you must have the clan leader idle the channel and pm an op with how many people you are looking for, positions and the best way to contact you.

If you are just looking to be recruited hang out in the channel and pm an op for info on how to contact the clan you are wanting to tryout for.