Cant Get Ns Installed :(

plzhelpplzhelp Join Date: 2005-07-28 Member: 57024Members
<div class="IPBDescription">really need some help</div> ok mabe im stupid... and that might verywell be. but nun the less i need major help... i have HL2 dvd and when i click to install that i can install HL1 also right so that what i do. and now when i try to install the v3.0 of NS it says "Setup has not detected a valid Steam or Half-Life (WON) install" just like the other guy that posted it... how do i make it so that my computer will find what ever it needs to make it work??... if anyone can help that would be great... but just for me explane step by step.. im a little new to computers.

Comments

• spinviperspinviper Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16151Members
    You need Half-Life 1. Non-Source. NS and all HL mods only work on Half-Life one. It will NOT work on Half-Life :Source.
  • typical_skeletontypical_skeleton Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13944Members
    To add to that, you can find Half Life for around $10 now. It's really not a lot of money.

One other thing, if you still have problems, you might consider posting in the Tech Support forum (or this post may be moved there), you're likely to get quicker and more focused help over there.

Good luck.