New Serenity Trailer

moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
<div class="IPBDescription">pwn</div> <a href='http://www.uip.nl/Pictures/seren/trailer2.mov' target='_blank'>http://www.uip.nl/Pictures/seren/trailer2.mov</a>

Comments

• GadzukoGadzuko Join Date: 2002-12-26 Member: 11556Members, Constellation
  • urinalcakeurinalcake Can&#39;t work a sound card United States Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Members
    edited July 2005
    what is this 'serenity' that we speak of?
    some kind of movie?

Edit:.. Oh...

• LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    Looks good, the other trailer was better from what I remember. But why do people think rock/heavy metal music makes everything awesome, and adds a factor of "badass" the visuals can't?
  • AnarkiThreeXSixAnarkiThreeXSix x_x Join Date: 2003-12-31 Member: 24894Members
    because metal is just so badass in it's own right?
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13942Members
    Umm...I can allready tell you what's wrong

Written & Directed by Joss Whedon. When I saw this, all I thought about was his failed show Firefly, which this seems to be a complete replica.

Looks stupid to me. Worth renting (maybe) but not worth seeing in theaters.
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
    Yeah, i was about to say. isn't this just Firefly: Teh Movei! omgz.
  • GadzukoGadzuko Join Date: 2002-12-26 Member: 11556Members, Constellation
    edited July 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ambassador+Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ambassador @ Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Umm...I can allready tell you what's wrong

Written & Directed by Joss Whedon. When I saw this, all I thought about was his failed show Firefly, which this seems to be a complete replica.

Looks stupid to me. Worth renting (maybe) but not worth seeing in theaters. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, this is the Firefly movie.

It has a decent size cult following and we'll enjoy the movie even if no one else does.

Although this trailer seems to want to crash Firefox constantly, odd.
  • torquetorque Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20035Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I never saw the Firefly tv series... wasn't that the one with Kevin Sorbo?

Is it worth watching? :O
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Let me put it like this: I imported Firefly over here, at harrowing costs, and still think me the better of the bargain. It is absolutely amazing, and that's from someone who generally despises TV shows.
    Yes, Serenity is a movie based on this series. Quite honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way.
  • OrganoXOrganoX Join Date: 2004-03-21 Member: 27473Members
    "Creators of Buffy the vampire slayer"

Haha!
    Damn i hate buffy the worse-movie-series-ever.

This looks kinda cool, but the fights i saw in the trailer was like in buffy movies, and those were eww.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    Firefly is my favourite sci-fi series, hands down. And I'm a sci-fi nerd. I definitely aggro with Nem. Everything about the series is great, and I'm going to see this movie the day it's out in theatres.
  • raz0rraz0r Join Date: 2003-07-24 Member: 18395Members
    That trailer was pure awesome on a stick. Coated even more awesome.
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Gadzuko+Jul 22 2005, 03:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Gadzuko @ Jul 22 2005, 03:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Ambassador+Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ambassador @ Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Umm...I can allready tell you what's wrong

Looks stupid to me. Worth renting (maybe) but not worth seeing in theaters. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, this is the Firefly movie.

It has a decent size cult following and we'll enjoy the movie even if no one else does.

Although this trailer seems to want to crash Firefox constantly, odd. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <i>Exactly.</i>
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I personally thought firefly was by far the best science fiction I've ever seen played by actors. Some people describe it as the closest thing you'll get to a live action cowboy bebop. I describe it as Star Wars in which the good guys <i>always</i> shoot first.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-OrganoX+Jul 22 2005, 10:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (OrganoX @ Jul 22 2005, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This looks kinda cool, but the fights i saw in the trailer was like in buffy movies, and those were eww. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Trust me, the fighting won't be the only draw of this film. Case in point: <a href='http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/' target='_blank'>The first trailer.</a>

As for the Buffy-thing, I'm not the greatest fan of that series myself, but it proved beyond a doubt that Whedon could create solidly above-average shows that still held audience appeal. Firefly is thematically a completely different beast.
    <!--QuoteBegin-moultano+Jul 22 2005, 10:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (moultano @ Jul 22 2005, 10:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I personally thought firefly was by far the best science fiction I've ever seen played by actors. Some people describe it as the closest thing you'll get to a live action cowboy bebop. I describe it as Star Wars in which the good guys <i>always</i> shoot first. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah that's actually a really good way of putting firefly. I can't think of any Contemporary Scifi Tv series that has such great actors. They rival the old great scifi actors.
  • OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    I can't help but watch this and think its all been done before.
  • MulletMullet Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15910Members, Constellation
    edited July 2005
    I've never even heard of firefly...the movie looks kind of cheesy. But if you all say its good, then I'm sure it will be
  • JavertJavert Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15954Members
    A girl in marching band utterly adores this. People were hoping to resurrect this ala Family Guy w/ DVD sales.
    Well it'll be interesting.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mullet+Jul 22 2005, 12:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mullet @ Jul 22 2005, 12:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've never even heard of firefly...the movie looks kind of cheesy. But if you all say its good, then I'm sure it will be <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It makes more sense if you watch the series though. Seeing the movie trailers by themselves... well you just don't catch the bug for it.

The series is pretty original, imo. I mean, the general background isn't like the two big scifi labels Star Trek and Star Wars. In fact I haven't heard of any Cowboy style Scifi that does the same kind style as this.
  • TheSaviorTheSavior Join Date: 2003-10-14 Member: 21688Members
    Firefly is freaking awesome. It's like...opening a can of Concetrated Awesome, putting the contents into a Microwave of Awesome +1, using your Microwave Safe Bowl of Awesome, opening a Bottle of Awesome, and eating an entire Meal of Awesome.

It's just freaking awesome.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheSavior+Jul 22 2005, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TheSavior @ Jul 22 2005, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Firefly is freaking awesome. It's like...opening a can of Concetrated Awesome, putting the contents into a Microwave of Awesome +1, using your Microwave Safe Bowl of Awesome, opening a Bottle of Awesome, and eating an entire Meal of Awesome.

It's just freaking awesome. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This man speaketh the truth.
  • RenegadeRenegade Old school Join Date: 2002-03-29 Member: 361Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Nemesis Zero+Jul 22 2005, 02:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nemesis Zero @ Jul 22 2005, 02:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <b><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Let me put it like this: I imported Firefly over here, at harrowing costs, and still think me the better of the bargain. It is absolutely amazing, and that's from someone who generally despises TV shows.
    Yes, Serenity is a movie based on this series. Quite honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way.</b></span> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just thought I'd emphasize that.

Serenity is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, and anyone who thinks differently can go to hell because they're WRONG WRONG WRONG.
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
    I didn't like firefly. it felt like Days of Our Lives in space. with a ship.
    <!--QuoteBegin-NeonSpyder+Jul 22 2005, 04:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (NeonSpyder @ Jul 22 2005, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I didn't like firefly. it felt like Days of Our Lives in space. with a ship. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    To bear any relation to Days of Our Lives it has to involve a few basic ingredients: random implausible love triangles, characters coming back from the dead/coma/plane crash, interminably slow pacing such that you can not watch it for months and not miss anything, obviously silicon tears, character tie ins with All My Children, lots of cheating, lots of pregnancies.
  • reasareasa Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8010Members, Constellation
    I particularly enjoyed the animated Greek unicycle ramming itself into the sponge wall.
    <!--QuoteBegin-NeonSpyder+Jul 22 2005, 04:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (NeonSpyder @ Jul 22 2005, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I didn't like firefly. it felt like Days of Our Lives in space. with a ship. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->GrainSilo No 04: Quote: " I didn't like firefly. it felt like Days of Our Lives in space. with a ship."
    Neonspyder87: XD
    GrainSilo No 04: :-(
    GrainSilo No 04: >:-|
    Neonspyder87: yep
    Neonspyder87: >=D
    GrainSilo No 04: lies
    GrainSilo No 04: REPENT SINNER<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    edited July 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Neonspyder87: nevar
    GrainSilo No 04: curse you!
    GrainSilo No 04: How is it remotely like days of our lives
    Neonspyder87: i dont know
    Neonspyder87: just is
    Neonspyder87: felt like everyone was talking space-opera plastic.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*edit*

then he made me click his zombie-brain eating link thing. bastard.
    The trick was to not do it on the forums and thus avoid a 4 day temp suspension. Like hell am I going to go the way of pjofsky.

WHO IS UNBANNED NOW BUT REFUSES TO POST CAUSE HE'S SCARED.

WHO'S THE MAN NOW DOG?

ME.
  • TykjenTykjen Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12552Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2005
    Firefly was good, hate that FOX canned it, and now finally a movie to end the series. OK i guess, tho id want the show to go on.

*uhm just did a search
    <a href='http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=335' target='_blank'>http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=335</a>

*hope hope*