Fade Blink Swipe?

ArmenArmen Join Date: 2005-02-09 Member: 40453Members
edited July 2005 in Scripting Discussion

Comments

• coriscoris Join Date: 2003-07-08 Member: 18034Members, Constellation
  • Bartimus_XBartimus_X Join Date: 2005-07-09 Member: 55587Members
    Uh can i get a script that allows me to blink once when i hit my mouse and swipe when i let go?

then i want to be able to press f7 and overwrite other scripts into fade scripts
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Bartimus X+Jul 9 2005, 02:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Bartimus X @ Jul 9 2005, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Uh can i get a script that allows me to blink once when i hit my mouse and swipe when i let go? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias "+lol" "slot2; wait; +attack; wait;"
    alias "-lol" "slot1; wait; +attack"
    bind "[key]" "+lol"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
  • GoldenShadowGoldenShadow Join Date: 2002-04-21 Member: 483Members
    Here is the script I use

bind "MOUSE2" "+popupmenu"

//Quick Guns;

alias tsnd.1 "play misc/talk.wav"
    alias tsnd.2 "play misc/invalid.wav"

bind "SPACE" "togglequickkeys"

alias togglequickkeys "togglequickkeys1"

alias togglequickkeys1 "bind MOUSE1 +attack;bind MOUSE2 +hurtgun;tsnd.1;alias togglequickkeys togglequickkeys2"
    alias togglequickkeys2 "bind MOUSE1 +attack;bind MOUSE2 +popupmenu;tsnd.2;alias togglequickkeys togglequickkeys1"

alias +hurtgun "weapon_leap; weapon_healingspray; weapon_spore; weapon_blink; weapon_stomp; weapon_pistol"

alias -hurtgun "weapon_bitegun; weapon_spit; weapon_bite2gun; weapon_swipe; weapon_devour; weapon_grenade; weapon_machinegun; weapon_shotgun; weapon_heavymachinegun; weapon_grenadegun"
    //
    //

This is for more than just the fade.

What is does: I enable and disable the script by tapping the Space bar, when its disabled, mouse2 works like normal and gives you the popup menu.. When it is enabled, You have to hold down Mouse2 to change your current weapon to blink. While holding Mouse 2, tap Mouse 1 to blink around, as soon as you find a marine, let go of Mouse 2 and it will automatically switch back to Swipe.

For the other aliens, holding Mouse 2 will switch between Leap and Bite for skulk, healing and Spit for Gorge, Spore and Bite for Lerk, Stomp and Devour for Onos. For the marine it switches between your main gun and your pistol.
  • todd1Oktodd1Ok Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28018Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    scripts can only take you so far. while the use of this will help perfect your timing, it will not make you a better player. fingers are faster than scripts, always have and will be. while ive got nothing against scripts, you can and, with enough time and practice, *will* outperform a person using a blink/swipe script.

my advice? drop the script, bind "mouse4" "lastinv" and get practicing.