Edinburgh Interactive Entertainment Festival

RellixRellix Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13572Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">EIEF</div> Well its almost that time of year again for EIEF.

<a href='http://www.eief.co.uk/' target='_blank'>Homepage</a>

Its an event where there are games on showaces (some new some recent) as well as developers who you can talk to. As for more info i havent had much time to look at it but its the 10th of August to the 14th and only 3 quid a ticket.

Anyone planning to go along?

Comments

• MetalcatMetalcat Join Date: 2004-08-11 Member: 30528Members
    ive seen a documentary about some danish who was there performing in 2003 i think, they had to start all from scratch even though they were some of the most known comedians here.

they had a little problem with the languge and getting people to see it and such.

but eventually it got much better dont know if they did it again
  • RellixRellix Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13572Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I believe you are refering to Edinbrugh International COMEDY Festival and yes its still around and i plan to go eventualy :-p
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    Yeah why not, I got nothing slated for that weekend.
  • RellixRellix Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13572Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-Depot+Jul 6 2005, 10:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Depot @ Jul 6 2005, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yeah why not, I got nothing slated for that weekend. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Im up for meeting a bunch of people up and going round in a group so far 2 of my mates are going but that is looking to easily grow to 5 or 6 by tomorow.

But that leaves a fate to be decided and a time.
  • meepmeep Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26034Members
    Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I, E-I-F?
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    3 quid a ticket? Ooh, tempting.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    edited July 2005
    Just a word of warning but the 'go play games' thing is poop. I took some friends from Dundee to it and we were all kinda underwhelmed.
    On the brightside we got to show off our soul-calibur 2 skills we'd polished on the jp import off to a crowd. Even better because I didn't play until the end and totalled scot (who'd been winning all the matches against the others) in seconds infront of a large crowd XD

He needed his ego deflated anyways :p

<b>edit:</b> ooh! after reading up on it, it seems better than the one I went to! I hope they have more floorspace this time :D
    Admittedly it'll probably be better anyways because it won't have a big bit taken up by people trying to peddle the n-gage this time I think o.O
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    Meh, it'd be a bit of a trek to get up there.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    70quid train ticket up to ediburgh, no dice ;/
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZiGGY+Jul 7 2005, 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ZiGGY @ Jul 7 2005, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 70quid train ticket up to ediburgh, no dice ;/ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You may be cheaper going using bargan flights not 100% sure tho, i know its gonna cost me a tenner in the train but i can live with that, since i will go round the corner up near the castle for the best hotdogs iv ever had again.
  • FamFam Diaper-Wearing Dog On A Ball Join Date: 2002-02-17 Member: 222Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Some good friends from my uni are up in Scotland at the moment, developing a game as part of a competition/course in games development (Dundee University?). I think they will be attending EIEF, I might go up for a day or two, depending on work and family.