Covering Teamates

FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
<div class="IPBDescription">aliens can do it too!</div> When marines kill rts, usually one guy covers the other. And usually, if they're attacked, the guy killing the rt dies while the guy covering him gets a kill and his buddy's ammo. It's alright, because after the dead guy is done cussing, the other marine finishes off the rt and moves on, earning his team a 1:1 kd ratio plus a dead rt.

When aliens kill rts, usually they both chew on it hoping to kill it before a marine stops by. Most of the time that works, but many times a marine will kill one outright, if not both, and the rt will be saved. This is of course if the skulks actually bite the rt instead of parasiting it and hoping a fade will come by and swipe it to death.

Moral of the story? Skulks should cover other skulks, the same way marines cover other marines. Obviously not every time, but don't think you're being a **** for sitting by and watching your teamate bite a rt without you.

Comments

• Real_PUAReal_PUA Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46255Members
    I like to just bite it down asap. usually i try to get ionto the sweet spot, where the rines cant shoot you. keep biting it until they get close then attack.

If there are multiple skulks hitting the rt I will go parasite any group of rines that may be near by.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    marines are slower than aliens and they dont have hivesight, so in public games this isnt an issue and in matches people do this anyway so that is also not an issue ;/
  • CheeseCheese Lork on the Clorf Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24396Members, Constellation
    start with both skulks biting. If you have a bit of Skill you should be able to get into the right positions before marines can react. This means you will have a fast rt damage start...and as soon as marine arrive you have one skulk still biting the Rt (hidden inside) and the other one guarding.

Just needs a bit awareness