P_models

NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
<div class="IPBDescription">wth</div> were are the alien p models

i want my gorgie to have tenticals or some thing, maybe a alien blade pack with teh split jaws and the squide like sucker tongue

but no matter what i decomplie, no matter what i import, none are alien p models

Comments

• axmanaxman Join Date: 2004-02-20 Member: 26724Members
    C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL\half-life\ns\models\player
    ^^there is 5 folder with in this folder that contain the alien p models, 1=skulk 2=gorge 3=lerk 4=fade 5=onos...

so hmm tentacles... we do not want tentacle pr0n, i can just see it.... NEW VIDEO RELEASE, Tentacle pr0n Gorgie style
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    i was thinking more like the pomarainan from blade 3 trinaty

but i looked in them ax, no p models or there no named p models jsut a lot of animations, on how the modle would die sevral different ways from a single knife stab
    got one, but there not

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL\half-life\ns\models\player

there in here with stupid frigan names

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL\half-life\ns\models
    ok this is bs hte only p model in that folder for aliens is p_gg and its sulk leap

WTH

weres the rest
  • ShirohShiroh Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12852Members
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-NEX9+Jun 26 2005, 08:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (NEX9 @ Jun 26 2005, 08:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ok this is bs hte only p model in that folder for aliens is p_gg and its sulk leap

WTH

weres the rest <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    p_gg is the nade launcher...

and u gotta know that there arn't any pees for aliens....
    what's the use of a p_model when all aliens' weapons are their own body
  • wnnwnn Zombie Panic modeller Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16960Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Shiroh+Jun 26 2005, 02:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Shiroh @ Jun 26 2005, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> p_gg is the nade launcher...

and u gotta know that there arn't any pees for aliens....
    what's the use of a p_model when all aliens' weapons are their own body <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This man speaks the truth.
    so weres the POV shot from
    ra ra found it shes all good
    loc kthe thread now
    two second, play around, 4 mandable gorgie

or a quadra gorge
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    edited June 2005
    What you were looking for are v_ models, not p_ models.

To simply sum them each up:

v_ : from the player's perspective, first person models, usually higher detail and quality to p_ and w_.

w_ : world model. The w_'s would be used for things like medpacks, ammo packs, discarded weapons, etc. Usually lower poly and with a lower res skin, purely because you're not going to have the model right up close to see, and also if multiple are dropped, you don't have to render 5x 1500 poly weapons, just 5x 300 poly, for example.

p_ : this is the third-person weapon model. Again, lower quality. This is what you see marines carrying, so when you see they're holding a lmg or pistol, that's the p_mg or p_hg that they're holding. The model itself contains no geometry for the player, just the weapon, but has bone assignments so the player model and p_ model can be applied together, somewhat seemlessly, without the need to modify the player model with each one.

EDIT: Yes, and aliens have no p_ models because each attack utilises a body part, and using p_'s in most cases would be overcomplicating the job.
  • axmanaxman Join Date: 2004-02-20 Member: 26724Members
    o when u said p models i thought u ment player models...

well nex9 you should not post 2 triple post in the same thread, that you should not.
    eh, they will get over it ill get over it i have asked for this to be locked deleted or what ever, i am happy now makeing alien bits