Batman Begins

2»

Comments

• LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-OttoDestruct+Jun 15 2005, 07:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (OttoDestruct @ Jun 15 2005, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Liku+Jun 15 2005, 08:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Liku @ Jun 15 2005, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It looks good, but didn't they make the Scarescrow stupid looking? Just a sack with a business suit? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It makes sense if you actually watch the movie. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Probably, but it's still stupid looking. Dr. Crane ftw anyway.
  • SurgeSurge asda4a3sklflkgh Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 944Members
    So Batman is a ninja. **** yeah! Saw the movie today, good stuff. Christian Bale is just as good as Michael Keaton, in my opinion.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    Saw it today. Was completely awesome. Way better than any other Batman movie, even the first Micheal Keaton one (which I still think is terrific). If you liked it, you'll love Batman Begins.

I was a bit worried about how they would tie in Scarecrow and Reish Algoul (or however you spell it) together in one movie, but it was done in a way that really made sense (even if it was a bit predictable).

Casting was supurb. Every actor/actress played their role flawlessly. While I knew Christian Bale would be an excellent Batman, I was pleased to see him as an excellent Bruce Wayne as well. Everyone did a terrific job.

I also liked how well they explained the technology Batman uses. Showing the different components seperately and then later come together was a nice touch, and adds to the realism of the movie.

The only slight (and these are VERY slight) disappointments I had with the movie was how blatently it screamed 'omg expect a sequel', and that the movie overwrote a bit of the 'origins' set in place w/ the first movie. i.e. Jack Napier not killing Bruce's parents, etc. Of course from my understanding the comics did that a bit too, so its not a major sin by any means. And considering how the last series of Batman movies came out it may have been a good idea to just disregard them completely rather than have this act as a prequel.
  • JavertJavert Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15954Members
    Was it Jack according to the comics?

Well I guess the LA Times AND the NY Times can't be wrong in showering their praises for this.
    I guess I'll check it out later.
  • DrSuredeathDrSuredeath Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8217Members
    edited June 2005
    It was very established that Joe Chill killed Thomas and Martha Wayne before the cross-over event "Zero Hour".. Jack Napier was purely invented for the first Batman movie.

After the Zero Hour, everything was thrown away. Metallo (John Corben) was briefly one of the suspect.

Considering the director, producer, writer, the studio, and everyone involved said they are throwing away everything from the first four Batman movies, your point is really moot, Doomaniac.
  • torquetorque Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20035Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Just got back from seeing it. Too tired to say much other than it was worth every penny and it's seriously my favorite movie I've seen ... probably all year? Anyway, awesome.