Maps Not Cycling

SuicideDogSuicideDog Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8104Members
Is it just me or do the maps not cycle unless you have the timelimit set above 30 mins in the 1.02 patch?

Comments

• MellonpoprMellonpopr Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2304Members
    several of us have the same problem. I had mine set to 10 which worked fine for 1.01 but did nothing with 1.02. I believe prodigy (#nsserver) told me that he had good luck with 30.

I tried it and mp_timelimit 30 did the trick for me. I haven't experimented to find out what the minimum number can be.

Anyone ??
  • GoleXGoleX Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7681Members
    Works fine for me... although it may be Halfd doing all the work (I have my timelimit at 15 still)
  • Max1Max1 Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7730Members
    I noticed the same thing, although it seems like it's only on certain maps. One map will change after the round when the timlimit's reached, another will go on for 2 or 3 rounds, like the map is overriding it somehow
  • Black_WidowBlack_Widow Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8281Members
    edited November 2002
    Hi,

I noticed that if the server is pushing more data then it can it will crash and restart with that same map(instead of the starting map). even when a server is set to a maxrate of 8000 and a networkrate of 1500 so, you never get a map change. Just my observation but something to check on. By the way my timelimt is 20min.

Thanks

ps. eliminate all the extra wording in the mapcycle.txt and just have the maps listed like hlcs. ie..

ns_bast
    ns_eclipse
    ns_hera
    ns_nancy
    ns_nothing
    ns_tanith
    ns_caged

List them as above and check your logs for crashes. I was running a 32 player server then a 24 man server and it was never cycling maps. So, I watched it via the "screen" in linux and the server would crash after about 1 hour and start with the same map. Not the starting map.
  • SuicideDogSuicideDog Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8104Members
    I'm sure my server isn't restarting.. I have admins on all day.. they would have let me know.. and I didn't see anything in the logs.. I have my stuff set to the samethings as Hukka.. so I don't think that's the problem
  • BVAlphaGeekBVAlphaGeek Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7735Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--GoleX+Nov 19 2002, 04:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GoleX @ Nov 19 2002, 04:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Works fine for me... although it may be Halfd doing all the work (I have my timelimit at 15 still)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You got halfd to work with NS? I hacked mine up for a while but couldnt make it work. Got any tips?
  • GoleXGoleX Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7681Members
    I just ran the Halfd install script and it set up everything beautifullly (it was my first time using Halfd). Then edited the config file like Hukka posted in one of his old threads and started it up... no problems at all.
    edited November 2002
    still not working.. the server isn't crashing.. and is seem to get stuck.. where it goes to load the map when the time is up .. but just loads the same map!! PLEASE HELP.. I have to constantly check the server for new rounds and ask if they want a new map!!

edit:

I have copied the mapcycle.txt from the orginal install.. made mp_timelimit 30 in the server.cfg.. restarted numerous times.. still to no avail!.. GRRR!!

edit more:

I noticed when I load the server it starts with the map I specifiy.. and it will auto switch to the first map in the list (caged) but then it just keeps reloading that map.
  • HukkaHukka Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 6989Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SuicideDog+Nov 20 2002, 03:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SuicideDog @ Nov 20 2002, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->still not working.. the server isn't crashing.. and is seem to get stuck.. where it goes to load the map when the time is up .. but just loads the same map!! PLEASE HELP.. I have to constantly check the server for new rounds and ask if they want a new map!!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Some tips for you:

1. Reboot your server computer
    2. Reinstall NS 1.02 patch
    3. rcon mapcyclefile mapcycle.txt and rcon mp_mapcycle 1 or was it sv_mapcycle 1

Let me know if it isn't help you.
    Hukka.. tried all the stuff you said to try.. still not working.. well it sporadic.. anyway.. hopefully 1.03 will fix my problems.