Feature Poll For NS:Source

Comments

• ikirikir Join Date: 2003-07-19 Member: 18265Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    Giga-idea for NS:Source!
    An hadgranade which works :-P
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    whats with all this talk of the handgranade... man ive seen over 20 topics over this, go to the ideas and segestions part of the forum and talk about this... they have a load of ideas on this that should keep you busy from posting anymore of this hand granade

o and to stay on subject, ive been working with the whole outside maps and driving thing, ive got a few ss of it, but right now my cooling fan is busted so untill i get a new one im not taking the chance of burning it up
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mac1OMan+May 19 2005, 06:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mac1OMan @ May 19 2005, 06:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> whats with all this talk of the handgranade... man ive seen over 20 topics over this, go to the ideas and segestions part of the forum and talk about this... they have a load of ideas on this that should keep you busy from posting anymore of this hand granade

o and to stay on subject, ive been working with the whole outside maps and driving thing, ive got a few ss of it, but right now my cooling fan is busted so untill i get a new one im not taking the chance of burning it up <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    because the subject is OLD!!!
  • Jmmsbnd007Jmmsbnd007 Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9793Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 19 2005, 05:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 19 2005, 05:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Swiftspear+May 19 2005, 04:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Swiftspear @ May 19 2005, 04:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 18 2005, 06:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 18 2005, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Im just trying to say  that scripting helps you in a way that any  game shouldnt hav,
    thats my opinion, and i dont give flying poo, what you guys think about it after all. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Saying it's your opinion doesn't make it valid. At best it makes you stupid.

The ignorant learn when they are told something, the stupid refuse to learn. You have never used scripts and don't know what is possible with them. You have had delta level clanners, highly active in the comunity pub masters, and now me, tell you that scripts are not exploititive or wrong.

Are you ignorant or stupid? you decide. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I might be ignorant, yes i admit that
    but what i've seen people do with scripts, i don't feel like doing the same. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>SCRIPTS DO NOT GIVE YOU ANY KIND OF NOTICABLE ADVANTAGE, DOLT</b>
  • PvtBonesPvtBones Join Date: 2004-04-25 Member: 28187Members
    how about to take all teh fighting about scripts <b><u>to another thread</b></u>
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven+May 19 2005, 11:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven @ May 19 2005, 11:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> SCRIPTS DO NOT GIVE YOU ANY KIND OF NOTICABLE ADVANTAGE, DOLT
    <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    LIES, my minimap toggle gives me leet skillz.
    <!--QuoteBegin-JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven+May 19 2005, 04:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven @ May 19 2005, 04:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 19 2005, 05:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 19 2005, 05:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Swiftspear+May 19 2005, 04:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Swiftspear @ May 19 2005, 04:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 18 2005, 06:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 18 2005, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Im just trying to say  that scripting helps you in a way that any  game shouldnt hav,
    thats my opinion, and i dont give flying poo, what you guys think about it after all. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The ignorant learn when they are told something, the stupid refuse to learn. You have never used scripts and don't know what is possible with them. You have had delta level clanners, highly active in the comunity pub masters, and now me, tell you that scripts are not exploititive or wrong.

Are you ignorant or stupid? you decide. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    but what i've seen people do with scripts, i don't feel like doing the same. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>SCRIPTS DO NOT GIVE YOU ANY KIND OF NOTICABLE ADVANTAGE, DOLT</b> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pistol script does, but that's the only one I can think of.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    Blink-slash script

Lerk.cfg bind (which includes scripts)

You can probably even make one that automatically asks for a med when you're under 100HP...
  • IsamilIsamil Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23552Members, Constellation
    A script can't make a decision.
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Crispy+May 20 2005, 04:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Crispy @ May 20 2005, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You can probably even make one that automatically asks for a med when you're under 100HP... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No.

Let's talk about something else here, and create a thread in the scripting forum if needed :/ .
  • J_the_battlegorgeJ_the_battlegorge Join Date: 2005-05-07 Member: 51101Members
    how about, we bring the stuff from past, that didnt work then, and make them work now.

Like babblers.
    as i might already said, lerk spikes, with less damage and no damage on structures.
    etc~
  • Otto_RaynarOtto_Raynar Join Date: 2004-03-26 Member: 27547Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 20 2005, 07:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 20 2005, 07:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how about, we bring the stuff from past, that didnt work then, and make them work now.

Like babblers.
    as i might already said, lerk spikes, with less damage and no damage on structures.
    etc~ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    J, how dare you call yourself "the battle gorge" then have a picture of you wleding me as a gorge!! ARGS!! (my only welder death will haunt me forever)

anyway... talk about scripts elsewhere...

suggestions for NS:S wise, i say make the Flamethrower droppable from the proto, have it take up the HA/JP slot AS WELL as weapon one, give the marine who gets it a huge tank on his back that explodes when he dies, dealing minor damage to everyone around him (yes, FF) of course, to do this, it should also be very powerful and have crazy ammo supplies
  • Jmmsbnd007Jmmsbnd007 Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9793Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Swiftspear+May 20 2005, 03:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Swiftspear @ May 20 2005, 03:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven+May 19 2005, 04:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven @ May 19 2005, 04:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 19 2005, 05:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 19 2005, 05:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Swiftspear+May 19 2005, 04:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Swiftspear @ May 19 2005, 04:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 18 2005, 06:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 18 2005, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Im just trying to say  that scripting helps you in a way that any  game shouldnt hav,

but what i've seen people do with scripts, i don't feel like doing the same. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>SCRIPTS DO NOT GIVE YOU ANY KIND OF NOTICABLE ADVANTAGE, DOLT</b> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pistol script does, but that's the only one I can think of. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You must be terminally crippled if you can't manually hit the cap.
  • HeliocentricHeliocentric Join Date: 2005-04-24 Member: 49650Members
    edited May 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven+May 20 2005, 03:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven @ May 20 2005, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You must be terminally crippled if you can't manually hit the cap. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i'm not terminally crippled, but a pistol script can help me, dont use it though. its easier than getting R.S.I.
  • bLb_SlayerbLb_Slayer Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34501Members
    I just want my old Fade blink back.
  • J_the_battlegorgeJ_the_battlegorge Join Date: 2005-05-07 Member: 51101Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Otto Raynar+May 20 2005, 01:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Otto Raynar @ May 20 2005, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-J the battlegorge+May 20 2005, 07:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J the battlegorge @ May 20 2005, 07:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how about, we bring the stuff from past, that didnt work then, and make them work now.

Like babblers.
    etc~ <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    J, how dare you call yourself "the battle gorge" then have a picture of you wleding me as a gorge!! ARGS!! (my only welder death will haunt me forever)

anyway... talk about scripts elsewhere...

suggestions for NS:S wise, i say make the Flamethrower droppable from the proto, have it take up the HA/JP slot AS WELL as weapon one, give the marine who gets it a huge tank on his back that explodes when he dies, dealing minor damage to everyone around him (yes, FF) of course, to do this, it should also be very powerful and have crazy ammo supplies <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You know you like it, so beware, or i'll weld ya again.
  • ShinzonShinzon Join Date: 2003-07-25 Member: 18407Members
    Crisqo you were right about a flame thrower... it does move around and bounce of walls, so if you would fire at a big wall, it can actualy bounce back at you...
    the better word for it is drift... If the source engine can pull of that kind of realistic particles then it would be amazing... I still don't belive a flame thrower belongs in NS but I agree that it has a huge cool factor, and the idea of making it like a HA, or jp is starting to appeal to me, so it will be just like a ha except with a huge tank at the back which could blow up...

Anyone else the turrets in NS S to be carried like the ones seen in the HL2 singleplayer? that would be mighty cool... And that would mean that they can be knocked over by a charging onos...

Random shotgun pellets would be nice... the spread though should stay rougly the same...

Infestation texture can be replaced by something like from DOOM 3 hell infestation...

Let's think of a higher evolution path for the aliens and how it might work...

2 ideas have been suggested

Actual Evolution
    -You evolve parts of what you want
    So it would be possible to have a flying gorge

Evolutianry Steps

-Start out as a basic life form
    -more hives the more advanced version of your life form you can become..
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    Hey, if <a href='http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/05/29/rtcwet/r_screen008.jpg' target='_blank'>Quake III</a> can have good flamethrower effects, then Source will easily be able to handle it.
  • frostymoosefrostymoose Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20799Members
    edited May 2005
    No option for "None of the above"? That's a shame...
  • Crimson_HawkCrimson_Hawk Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14590Members
    I'd like to see a revert to 1.04...
    <!--QuoteBegin-frostymoose+May 21 2005, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (frostymoose @ May 21 2005, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> No option for "None of the above"? That's a shame... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    null vote?
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    1.0x was a crappy version, just get that steam-compatible 1.04 and see for yourself. It's not as comfortable to play, aliens get owned with JP/HMG's, and marines silent bhop everywhere. And the blink got you stuck so much it wasn't funny.
  • TheGivingTreeTheGivingTree Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12070Members
    "1.0x was a crappy version, just get that steam-compatible 1.04 and see for yourself. It's not as comfortable to play, aliens get owned with JP/HMG's, and marines silent bhop everywhere. And the blink got you stuck so much it wasn't funny. "

Ok then nerf JP/hmg, fix the bhop and blink then your all set.
    And fix the resource model, tweak the prices for the marines and aliens, and don't rely on 33 resource (on 33) lerks as the top of your arsenal when you just have one hive (which was pretty long, about 8 minutes if I recall)

I admit I really like hive-dependant lifeforms, but the way it was done with 1.04 wasn't satisfying enough.
  • Dr_aaaghDr_aaagh Join Date: 2004-02-07 Member: 26194Members
    edited May 2005
    I think everybody agrees that script-blocking should be on by default and the only 'legal' use of a script is from halflife sound selection utility users (they can sometimes be a pain in the bum with their mic-spam) and chat-spamming scripts.

Other uses (bhopping/pistol/blink-swipe/leap-bite) can be seen as advantageous and should be discouraged. They MAY not give any performance improvement over non-scripting players but, for some people, they APPEAR to do so and I think this reflects badly on NS and discourages newbs from playing.

Two improvements I would like to see:

- 'WELD ME' impulse (come on - is this so hard to implement)
    - Alien flashlight using energy (this would add skill to this extremely useful feature)
  • TheGivingTreeTheGivingTree Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12070Members
    edited May 2005
    "Other uses (bhopping/pistol/blink-swipe/leap-bite) can be seen as advantageous and should be discouraged. They MAY not give any performance improvement over non-scripting players but, for some people, they APPEAR to do so and I think this reflects badly on NS and discourages newbs from playing."

Its common sense and I can't see how ANYONE can debate that when the computer DOES something FOR you it will be done faster and easier hence making the game easier for you. I use hud_fastswitch 1 not for convience or because I dont want to hit the extra button which is always the excuse for scripters they don't want to hit a button, I use it because its faster and I can get kills easier BECAUSE its faster and does it FOR me. Thats a default feature and is in pretty much every mod. Now for things like leap-bite and blink-swipe, don't give me the excuse that you don't want to hit the button, you use it because it IS faster because the computer does it ( if your not pressing the button yourself yes the computer DOES it for you ) and you get easier kills because its 1 less thing you have to do and I don't care how big or small it is. What if that one time you didn't press the button or pressed it to late which could happen often and because of it you get killed? But with a computer there isn't going to be an error or mistake once again making the game easier and safer. So anyways I strongly disagree with any scripts which aid game play especially those four above, unless they were options that the NS team added.
  • NGENGE Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22443Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheGivingTree+May 23 2005, 02:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TheGivingTree @ May 23 2005, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> "Other uses (bhopping/pistol/blink-swipe/leap-bite) can be seen as advantageous and should be discouraged. They MAY not give any performance improvement over non-scripting players but, for some people, they APPEAR to do so and I think this reflects badly on NS and discourages newbs from playing."

Its common sense and I can't see how ANYONE can debate that when the computer DOES something FOR you it will be done faster and easier hence making the game easier for you. I use hud_fastswitch 1 not for convience or because I dont want to hit the extra button which is always the excuse for scripters they don't want to hit a button, I use it because its faster and I can get kills easier BECAUSE its faster and does it FOR me. Thats a default feature and is in pretty much every mod. Now for things like leap-bite and blink-swipe, don't give me the excuse that you don't want to hit the button, you use it because it IS faster because the computer does it ( if your not pressing the button yourself yes the computer DOES it for you ) and you get easier kills because its 1 less thing you have to do and I don't care how big or small it is. What if that one time you didn't press the button or pressed it to late which could happen often and because of it you get killed? But with a computer there isn't going to be an error or mistake once again making the game easier and safer. So anyways I strongly disagree with any scripts which aid game play especially those four above, unless they were options that the NS team added. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You are ignoring several things;

1. hud fastswitch isn't an advantage when handling multiple weapons in the same weapon slot

2. leap/bite and blink/swipe scripts do not hold an advantage unless you play the game with one hand. You see, since it switches a weapon for you, it offers <b>less</b> control over your skulk/fade! Less control is bad. It gets you killed! In the long run, you will kill marines slower because you are inneffecient with these scripts than if you were to play without.

Why don't you try these scripts first, before you knock them and make yourself look uninformed.
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-NGE+May 23 2005, 02:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (NGE @ May 23 2005, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why don't you try these scripts first, before you knock them and make yourself look uninformed. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    To perpetuate an ancestral tradition on these boards ?!
    edited May 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dr aaagh+May 23 2005, 07:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dr aaagh @ May 23 2005, 07:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think everybody agrees that script-blocking should be on by default and the only 'legal' use of a script is from halflife sound selection utility users (they can sometimes be a pain in the bum with their mic-spam) and chat-spamming scripts. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm thinking quite the opposite in fact. There's nothing, NOTHING, I despise more than ****. Sure, it takes only a tab and a click to get rid of it, but it's so annoyingly annoying that anyone that uses **** should be e-stabbed and burn.

Edit: The stars refer to that program you're mentioning.
  • SkySky Join Date: 2004-04-23 Member: 28131Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think everybody agrees that script-blocking should be on by default and the only 'legal' use of a script is from halflife sound selection utility users (they can sometimes be a pain in the bum with their mic-spam) and chat-spamming scripts. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah...no. Just...no. Take the whining about scripts somewhere else, ty.