Shoot The Rt, Don't Knife It

2»

Comments

• Asal_The_UnforgivingAsal_The_Unforgiving Join Date: 2003-03-26 Member: 14903Members
    edited May 2005
    GL damage isn't increased with weapon upgrades.

HOWEVER, it takes 2 shottie clips to drop a node from full. And it takes only about 5 nades, if I remember right. In any case, the GL is THE single most effective infantry mounted seige weapon in NS (Also useful against skulks, or anything if you know where it's heading.)
  • GigabaneGigabane Join Date: 2005-04-02 Member: 47263Members
    Asal you didnt do a lot of research there.

Level 0 Grenade Launcher: 250 Per Shot
    Level 3 Grenade Launcher: 325 Per Shot

8-10 Grenades to kill a resource node (Thats really surprising, you'd think it would be a lot less)
    12-15 Shotgun Blasts to kill a resource node.

For once I believe the shotgun is actually the better weapon for killing structures. It even excells in speed I think against killing a hive.
  • Asal_The_UnforgivingAsal_The_Unforgiving Join Date: 2003-03-26 Member: 14903Members
    Perhaps I haven't kept up with the most recent updates, but last I checked it made no change. Though...that was beta, and they may have changed it since. I'm not nearly as active as I used to be.
  • XCanXCan Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5904Members, Constellation
    I believe the GL's main function is anti WOL, anything else a SG can do as good as an GL.
  • NGENGE Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22443Members
    Splash dmg and indirect fire are why the GL is better than the SG for killing structures.
  • CxwfCxwf Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13168Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-afratnikov+May 13 2005, 03:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (afratnikov @ May 13 2005, 03:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> [EDIT] something is really wrong with the data in the Official NS Guide (there ARE other mistakes in it), or i'm screwing up the calcualtions. The numbers i found don't make any sense at all in the game. I'll make some more tests on servers and later post my findings. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No kidding--the Official Guide is way off on most of its numbers. It's fire rate numbers, for example, are all off by about a factor of 2 (which is a pretty big error). It lists the wrong damage for shotgun upgrades. It doesn't list protolab dependancy on arms lab. Etc, etc.
  • GigabaneGigabane Join Date: 2005-04-02 Member: 47263Members
    Right, I forgot about WOL's.
    Alright then, so it's good for taking out clumps of structures, and things at a good range/around corners.