A Little Help Here?

rykoirykoi Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51702Members
ok, so i guess i messed up.
when i moved to my new house, i bought a new computer, and sold the old one to a local comp shop.
well somewhere along the way, i lost my half life/coutnerstrike cd key and installer.
no biggy right? ill just download steam and then download the games again.
problem is, steam isnt recognizing i EVER had counterstrike, or maybe it just doesnt keep up with it, only on the computer you installed/registered with.
so no biggy, i got a cracked version of counterstrike, and halflife, and even steam.
yes thats right, theres a prog that allows you to connect to steam and download every single game they offer, without having to pay 89 bucks or whatever.
well im not the pirating type, so i only downloaded half life and counterstrike, and of course, NS =D
problem is, non-legit steam cant connect to games made on legit steam, so what i was really wondering, is if anyone knows of any non-steam servers that run this mod? id really love to play NS again, and before you say it, no i cant buy half life again, because my shops around here in tennessee dont have it anymore, just hl2 and CS:CZ
any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    Well I'd recommend buying the HL2 silver pack which includes the original half-life, cs:cz, cs:source, dod:source when it comes out and of course will enable you to play NS due to it having the original HL.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    wow, dunno where to start with this one

My powers of ESP are amazing and mysterious

<span style='color:red'>***LOCKED***</span>
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    Aeroripper, playing moderator typically isn't a good idea.

Ryoki, as a first-time poster, this looks too much like a piracy attempt. Just buy the game over again, or call Valve and Sierra's tech support lines.
This discussion has been closed.