Running A Batch File At Map Changes

DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
Is it possible to run a batch file at server changes? I'm thinking like putting "exec blahblah.bat" in your server.cfg, but somehow I doubt it is that simple. I'm sure it would be easy to code an Admin Mod or an AMXX plugin to do it (I would need both). Is there a simple way to do this?

Comments

• BorisBoris Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11636Members
    I don't think you can run batch files from hlds...what are you wanting to accomplish? I imagine you'll have to code it in amxx.
  • DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
    It turns out that I no longer need to accomplish this. I had wanted to run PsychoQuery at map changes because when I ran it on a schedule every five minutes it was causing lag. But I think I've got it configured now so that it doesn't cause lag - I was having it querying the domain, which meant it was querying externally and using my precious bandwidth. Now I've got it querying localhost, which I think either means it is not using any bandwidth, or it is querying directly from the LAN connection, which means 100Mb, which means there is more than enough to go around. I've also got it running now on low process priority which means it shouldn't be robbing cpu time from hlds, or any system processes.