Removeing Chat Text

burcyrilburcyril Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46281Members
<div class="IPBDescription">and hud?</div> How does some remove the chat text and hud?

I'm not too fussed about the hud but i REALLY don't want to know what people are saying. No, its not so i can dissobey the commander, it is to when i watch tournament demo's I can watch them in peace and make a movie out of them without people screaming profanity in it.

Comments

• ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    Oh wow. People actually read forum descriptions now? Second help topic posted in the correct forum!

Okay, look over in the Artwork forum and look for the Combat Photography topic. There should be a download there that says combat photographer pack. It basically removes all HUD elements so you can take screenshots or movies without them. Have fun.
  • Owen1Owen1 Join Date: 2003-04-13 Member: 15457Members
    there's a command for it i think. Try "Nohud 1"

If that doesn't work... then like ZB said, head on over to artwork and get the phot pack from there.
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    Use hud_saytext 0 in console to remove the text. Useful when watching a match on HLTV or HLTV demo without the spam.
  • burcyrilburcyril Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46281Members
    wow, great. Thanks everyone! What youve all said makes great sence, i was getting a little down and not liking my chances of an NS movie.

Owen!: 'nohud 1' doesn't work in NS, you wouldn't happen to play TS would you?
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    There is a console command to turn the hud off. It's not really important, because you have to have cheats on for it to work, and I'm not even sure it'll work for a demo. The photographers pack is your best bet.