Thoughts On Kharaa Gen Strategy

tommy14tommy14 Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8839Members
edited November 2002 in Kharaa Strategy
<div class="IPBDescription">my $0.05 worth</div> <b>thoughts on Kharaa gen strategy</b>
<i>i have noticed a lot of speciality plans for one or another type of Kharaa, thought i would post a general team strat.</i>

<b>start:</b>
1. begin generally a banzai wave attack by skulks on human base. no one has enough to be a gorge yet, and humans are weakest.
exception: if there is a VENT into human base, one skulk gets in there and starts parasiting <b>once in while</b> - stay alive!

2. rebirth, someone chooses gorge or 2. EVERYONE else (except venter) goes to ready room and returns as skulks. ALL those resources of the readyroomers will be given to the gorges for fast evolve/builds.

priority: build defenses around that vent, so humans cannot weld it shut. it is REAL annoying to them.

3. skulks: can raid again, maybe humans have left their base? or lurk around base exits for ambushes, or guard hive(if weak), or guard gorge building - only if there are PLENTY of Kharaa players. if only a few skulks, then keep the pressure on the humans. AND KEEP readyrooming those resources to gorges!
Gorges start building, resourcers, offensives, and one other stucture everyone prefers (ask). might be movement for silence, defense for carapace/heal, or sensor for cloak (weak IMHO).
(<i>fun thing for bonus gorge to do: build lamer wall near human base exits, it slows them down quite a bit, esp if very small teams are playing.</i>)

<b>midgame:</b>
4. Venter: upgrade to Lurk/flyer if you want. keep sniping once in a while. the skulk parasite give more "eyes" to your team, but lurk nail gun kills.
Gorges: time to get hives....if building structures around human stuff, back away fast in case of <b>sieges</b>.
Skulks: keep up pressure. TALK to team about where you see human & their stuff. PARASITE that human/stuff so your team (gorges esp) can avoid surprises/ambushes & can set up their own.

5. got hive #2? time for some to go fader/raider.
gorges: do not forget the second & third structure type for upgrades! and start web city! and continue watchout for seiges!
skulks, keep parasiting before attacking - give your team "eyes" in case you die! the need for readyrooming should be over, save the goodies for YOUR growth.
Venter, keep sniping, stay alive.
and keep TELLING where you see humans! info is good for everyone.

<b> final attacks:</b>
6.gorges, build defense x3 around areas your team is attacking. this is a healling station. babblers are not much good, except to distract humans/turrets while team is mass attacking - or if a human is webbed. keep up the web city. rebuild what you can when you can.
ONOS: get that primal scream/attack combo down. primal scream also helps everyone around ya, and makes ya faster too.....and it unnerves humans a lot to know you are out there.....psych them out!
FADES: bile bomb only tight stucture groups where splash can affect many structures, acid rocket the rest that are alone - and ginsu knife the undefended stuff, of course. bile bomb = acid rocket in effect right now.
lurks: that spore stuff is great support, but weak alone. be a team supporter. mind you, VENTer gass attacks are really bad for humans.
skulks? why is someone still a skulk? well, go do a kamikaze bomb attack somewhere until your resources are back up.
and COMMUNICATE your plan, coordinate attacks. (<i>lack of comm is one of the big weaknesses of most Kharaa players</i>!)

<b> if things go bad:</b>
do not give up! turnovers happen! keep doing your job, try to make end runs. make it painful for them!

Comments

• InexorableInexorable Join Date: 2002-09-28 Member: 1360Members
    1. One guy stays behind. You will have enough to go gorge before everyone makes it to base. It's a shame when I see everybody rush, respawn and notice I've got 19-20 resources. That's 5-6 per Skulk that could have gone to the Gorge instead.

2. This will be gone quickly. It's cheap, it's an exploit, so don't depend on it.

Other than that, good stuff.
  • WraithmanWraithman Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8600Members
    I agree with that being an exploit, it's like bunny hopping in other mods, it was never meant to be in as a lame exploit. Players need to learn to win without dumb stuff like that...