Ns Client And Maps Not Matching

JarodJarod Join Date: 2005-03-21 Member: 45989Members
<div class="IPBDescription">errorrrs</div> When trying to connect to most servers, I get an error that claims either that my map doesn't match the serversides or that my client doesn't. HELP!

Comments

• SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation
    Sounds like you don't have the most current version of NS installed. Uninstall any remaining NS directory in your steam account folder and reinstall NS, making sure you download 3.0 final.

Also, you might be trying to connect to a server running an older version of NS, in which case...
    1. You get that version and play on their server or
    2. Ignore that server ^.^

If that doesn't work, respond
  • JarodJarod Join Date: 2005-03-21 Member: 45989Members
    I can see the versions on the serv list and have tried to connect to: NS v3.0.1, NS v3.0.2, NS v3.0 and Natural Selection 3.0 (beta v5)
  • surprisesurprise Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12382Members, Constellation
    hm, did you first uninstall your old version?
    you could try that
  • JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    You said in your initial post that it happens when "trying to connect to <b>most</b> servers." Is there a specific server you can always connect to? Even just the name or IP of the server might give us enough information to figure out what version of NS you have, and what is going on. Note that with a working 3.0 client (instructrions for installing it, as well as a list of download mirrors, are available <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/view?action=files' target='_blank'>here</a>) you should be able to connect to any server listed as 3.0, 3.0.1 and 3.0.2