Who Are We Fighting With ?

AmbrosekAmbrosek Join Date: 2003-12-06 Member: 24018Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Aliens or Chambers</div> This post is refer to sc starting game. (99% sc start)

What are we fighting with?
SC ? or Aliens?

It is easy to counter them in the past. Since theres no god sake sc/foucs speedy ownage.

They drop sc, u get MT and its all done.
They get foucs, u get A1 and its fine.

NOW. SC and abilities stack together. I can sure there s no way to counter sc.

someone list out a few ways.
1:keep scanning.

Ownage always start with a extreme situation.
most likely The entire base was riped out by a few foucs skull within 2 min.
Or marines were intercepted by cloak skulls which knew ur positions well.

Aliens advantages.
1:They re cloak (empowered ? )
2:They re foucs
3:They can detect u when u close to sc.
4:You re almost blind when fighting near a sc.

these are the advantages for aliens in the first 5 min.
OBS rush is interesting. You can get MT and scan BUT
U cant SCAN FOREVER AND MT COST U HELLA TONS OF RES.

Example (Common one)
A group of marines (5-8) walking along. You scan the area and u found tons of skull with foucs are ambushing ur marines. Once u scan, next sec ur marines are talking with Jesus since u get the obs and u miss the A1 upgrade for a chance to fight with "ownage bite"

Example 2 (common one)
After u get the obs its already 2:00 min past u rush for mt or PG but AT THAT GOD SAKE TIME TONS OF FOUCS SKULL RUSHING TO UR BASE. Hail Mary came and Goodgame. Next round.
2:A 1 rushing.

U rush for A1, u will face a serious problem.
1:lack of res for others tech upgrade.
2:Poor vision

Marines will always fight in blind. So far foucs ownage was gone but endless ambush ..blablalba. Aliens still own 1,3,4 advantages.

some example for A1.

Example.(Common)
U get A1.Everyone felt much safe since they got the Flak Jacket on their ****.
But they re damn blind. They went out to cap rt and post but ambushed by cloak skull.They rambo to hive but owned by the poor eyes.They fight with cloak BS which will not totally decloak when they close to a sc. After a period aliens owned most of the res and ur team are struggling outside the damn base and owned by fades and onos.

"There s always hopes Sam"LOTR

You can win for a few reasons.

1:You re damn luck
2:Your team are pro.
3:Aliens are noob
4:Aliens are newbie.

It was clear command skills didnt help much but marines skills are much more important. To achrive victory marines depend on aliens actions and skills.To beat a pro aliens team **** it seems it is "IMPOSSIBLE".In fact for my opinion there s no way to counter sc.There are some strange ideas like ele rt rush and post-locking rush but they are totally damned in matches and always crap up in pub.(unless u want kuso)

No offence but ns is become more similar to AVP.

My opinion:You want to win? ASK YOUR TEAM.
Dun spread your "crappy" counter sc ideas unless u use that way to win a few matches with other clans.

Comments

• ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    One: Learn to spell and use grammar

Two: Motion Tracking never worked against cloaked aliens! They never did, and they never will.

Three: Yes, sensory is very very powerful now.
  • SDJasonSDJason Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16841Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ambrosek+Mar 23 2005, 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ambrosek @ Mar 23 2005, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Dun spread your "crappy" counter sc ideas unless u use that way to win a few matches with other clans. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pub viable strats often times will not work in a clan setting.....

Simple Common Sense....

Now One thing we need to set straight

SC was and always HAS BEEN the counter to MT.. not the other way around..

U waste 35 res whenever u get it and aliens have sc... no wonder you lose

Next off... U can still rush and lockdown hives just as easily as before.....try it

~Jason
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    I wouldn't say it's easy, not with the overall buff the aliens got. Marines simply won't have the res to lock down two hives securely in time for the Fades. You want 2 hives locked down before 4 minutes, and you'll need at the very least:

IP (20) + Armory (10) + Obs (20) + Phase tech (15) + PG x3 (45) + TF x2 (20) + Turrets x8 (80) + pack of mines for base (10).

Ok, so, with marines getting no upgrades, and you not dropping any meds/ammo, you still need 220 res before 4 minutes, and more if you want to drop RTs at the hives. One res node gives you 15 res a minute. You start out with 100 res, and you'll spend 75 of that just on dropping the IP, armory, obs, and start researching phase tech and drop one pack of mines.

Now, unless you want to split your marines into two groups (which I don't think is a good idea because your no-upgrade marines will die), you'll send them to one hive, maybe capping a node on the way. By the time you get to the first hive, you probably stil won't have enough to drop everything you need just to lock down *one* hive (PG, TF, 4 turrets, res node) and your marines will have to wait there until you do. Then, you've got to hope your marines, still without upgrades, can make it all the way to the other hive and then still wait for enough res to lock that down. You need to do all of this within approximately 4 minutes. During which you'll have ot be worried about base rushes, spending res to med your marines, etc. A competent lerk will tear your marines apart and force you to waste an enormous amount of res on meds.

The game just doesn't give you enough resources to lock hives down in a reasonable amount of time.
  • 2_of_Eight2_of_Eight Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20016Members
    <b>Motion tracking does not counter sensory chambers.</b>

Get armour, and lots of it. And welders. Armour 3 = 4 bites to kill from vanilla skulk, 2 from focus. If you have ~3 Marines in a group, there is absolutely no reason that you shouldn't be killing any skulks that rush you. Add one shotgun to the most skilled shooter, and aliens are powerless.

Make sure that when you get armour, you get welders as well. 100 health and 0 armour is useless when you have armour3.

Get two observatories, so you can scan once every ~30 seconds, I think.
    When marineshave armor3, if the aliens only have skulks, then the aliens have LOST already...big time. the aliens usually also have a lerk or two gassing all of your armor away, and of course a few focus fades waiting for you to reload/weld anmd then coming in for a swipe. You probably can't reload AND weld quickly enough before the Fades come back, espeically not combined with sores.
  • AmbrosekAmbrosek Join Date: 2003-12-06 Member: 24018Members
    You Can Never Win In Clan Match Which is SC start
    edited March 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ambrosek+Mar 23 2005, 07:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ambrosek @ Mar 23 2005, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You Can Never Win In Clan Match Which is SC start <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Quoted for lolness.
    In fact, I'm sigging it.
  • Steel_MonkeySteel_Monkey Join Date: 2004-10-06 Member: 32121Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ambrosek+Mar 23 2005, 07:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ambrosek @ Mar 23 2005, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You Can Never Win In Clan Match Which is SC start <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Is this sarcasm? It's defentiely possible to win against sc.
    Really difficult if u facing a team who can handle sc well.
    Ahh. I see I misunderstood him (please use proper grammar!).

I thought meant that an alien team who uses SC first will definitely lose! See how important proper grammar is? People WILL misunderstand you.
    edited March 2005
    lol,grammar....to hell of it.

sry for the mistype but i barely care about my grammar