Time Of The Portal, Reflecting Dream

2»

Comments

• gekigariongekigarion Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20172Members
    Ho-kay! It's been what, a whole year since I updated? Oh well.

Chapter 10 - Settling Down
    <i>No time to think!</i> Monk swerved around and Leaped at the Marine, biting the HMG in half. That marine paused for a moment and took a step back.

"W...WTH?" The marine screamed in surprise, staring at Monk, then the remaining half of the HMG. "H4X!"

Monk responded with equal etiquette and shot a Parasite at the marine, hitting the marine square in the eye. The marine collapsed on the floor still screaming "H4X!!1" before growing silent. Monk had a strange feeling as if he had gained something within himself.

The messy explosion behind Monk told him the situation was safe. He turned around to find Fhadrn chuckling over his new claws. Sharng came Blinking around the corner again.

"Quite the show, Monk," Sharng complimented. He and Fhadrn looked at each other and nodded, then Blinked off towards marine base.

'Try and hunt more nanites from lone marines!" Fhadrn hissed back advisingly. Monk chuckled, beginning to grow fond of the sound, and then trodded down another hallway whistling his chuckles along the way.

----------------------------------

Monkey stared at the marine beside him. <i>What looney hive did this guy hop out of?</i> He thought to himself. Just then, the lights returned to the space station.

"The server's back on," the marine remarked. "Get ready for trouble." As if to answer his call, the pitter-patter of skulks could be heard coming around the corner. "Enemies spotted," the marine muttered. Monkey turned to face the opposition and found a couple miniature figures rushing towards him. <i> Dang, I used to be a total squirt!</i> He thought to himself. He then opened his mouth wide and rushed towards the Skulks.

"What are you doing? Get back here, or you're Skulk meat!" Monkey paused in confusion for a moment, and then came to a realization. He picked up his gun and began firing as he retreated from the gnashing teeth. Looking back, he realized that the Quad Lift was already elevating.

"Hurry!" The marine said. Monkey attempted to Leap onto the lift, but fell 15 feet short of his destination and tumbled onto the ground. This was going to take a while to get used to. Suddenly, a strange sensation came to his leg, and a flash of red for a dim moment. Did something just bite his leg? He whirled around and shot a round of bullets point-blank at the Skulk, but missed terribly. "Well, that's something you don't see every day," he muttered to himself. He tossed his gun and pulled out his knife, the most familiar form of combat to him. Dodging the skulk with a sidestep, he then brutally attacked it, stabbing it multiple times to its death.

Monkey stared at the mess on the floor before looking back up at the marine, who was near out of site now as the lift continued to raise.

"I think," Monkey shouted, "I'd better stick with this." He raised his knife up to the marine.
  • J_D_WJ_D_W Join Date: 2003-05-22 Member: 16598Members
    I like this. Keep writing!