New Elements For Commander Interface

SnappleSSnappleS Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9073Members
<div class="IPBDescription">...Will make commanding more efficient.</div> There are a few ideas I have for the commander interface that people seem to love. So, I made a new topic just for it.

Here are the ideas:

-In the commander interface, there should be:

*A drop-down menu where the commander can click a teammates name and the map will snap to their location, and they will automatically be selected. This way, the commander doesn't have to kill time looking all over the map for them.

*A 'location finder' drop-down menu where the commander can click a listed location on the map, and the view will snap to that locatoin. eg the commander clicks Mess Hall; the map will snap to that location.

*There should be a 'give' drop-down menu where the commander can simply click a teammate's name, and then go to the 'Give Item' subtree, and in that subtree will be the guns, armor, etc all listed, which can be clicked, and will be automatically given to that marine.

I think these will make commanding much more efficient.

Comments

• GravitonSurgeGravitonSurge Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6138Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SnappleS+Nov 17 2002, 04:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SnappleS @ Nov 17 2002, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    *There should be a 'give' drop-down menu where the commander can simply click a teammate's name, and then go to the 'Give Item' subtree, and in that subtree will be the guns, armor, etc all listed, which can be clicked, and will be automatically given to that marine.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I can see exploits for that already.. if it includes ammo or health anyway.
  • SnappleSSnappleS Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9073Members
    edited November 2002
    <!--QuoteBegin--GravitonSurge+Nov 17 2002, 04:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GravitonSurge @ Nov 17 2002, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--SnappleS+Nov 17 2002, 04:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SnappleS @ Nov 17 2002, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    *There should be a 'give' drop-down menu where the commander can simply click a teammate's name, and then go to the 'Give Item' subtree, and in that subtree will be the guns, armor, etc all listed, which can be clicked, and will be automatically given to that marine.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I can see exploits for that already.. if it includes ammo or health anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very discriptive...How exactly could you exploit it? I don't see what you're getting at.
  • GravitonSurgeGravitonSurge Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6138Members
    I'm sure you could make a macro to spam 'give health' to a player while hes in a fight so its nearly impossible for him to die
  • SnappleSSnappleS Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9073Members
    Ahh, ok. Good thinking. Guess we can just cancel out that part.