Is The Sky Texture Only In Halflife.wad?

menohackmenohack Join Date: 2004-02-29 Member: 26995Members
For some reason I don't have half-life.wad, even though I have halflife and ns installed. Why isn't the sky texture in ns.wad or ns2.wad?

Comments

• K2BoarderK2Boarder Join Date: 2004-01-29 Member: 25699Members
    To get the SKY texture you can either extract halflife.wad using GCFScape (http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26), or you can use Wally (not sure about the site, use Google) and you can make it yourself.
  • menohackmenohack Join Date: 2004-02-29 Member: 26995Members
  • MoconnorMoconnor Join Date: 2002-07-26 Member: 1004Members
    dont be silly, if you dont have the hl.wad then you cant play hl or ns.
    You have to have it(unless you never told us that you cant play hl or ns)
    its in you half-life\valve folder. . ._
    <!--QuoteBegin-Moconnor+Mar 10 2005, 06:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Moconnor @ Mar 10 2005, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> dont be silly, if you dont have the hl.wad then you cant play hl or ns.
    You have to have it(unless you never told us that you cant play hl or ns)
    its in you half-life\valve folder. . ._ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That is only half true. All of the wads for games released by Valve are stored in files called .gcfs. You have to use a certain tool to extract the wads from the files. However, with NS there are no gcf files and you already have all the wads available. So basically, you do have it, but you can't access it that easily.
  • HuNTeDHuNTeD Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34274Members
    I can't play HL without the .wad he must have deleted it cuz it's always there it dosen't get up and walk away.
    <!--QuoteBegin-HuNTeD+Mar 11 2005, 02:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (HuNTeD @ Mar 11 2005, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I can't play HL without the .wad he must have deleted it cuz it's always there it dosen't get up and walk away. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm talking about using Steam. I think you are talking about retail Half-Life.