Commander Blunders

GrabesGrabes Join Date: 2002-07-18 Member: 966Members
edited November 2002 in Frontiersmen Strategy
My favorite blunder of all time; THe CC is being under constnat attack from skluks. Mr commander decides to add new turrets. Turrets here, turret there, but oops, no turrets covering the back side, where the aliens are chomping on it to began with. Wasting resources, time, and my patience.

Please, when you build defenses, cover all 4 corners of the buildings.

Comments

• MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    Good point lad. The usual problem most commanders, especially new ones have is where they place the turrent Factory. It's only so large of a coverage and many forget that and so have to build a second if they want to cover that space behind thier CC. Sadly...they don't and then they are vulnerable.
  • MancoraMancora Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8034Members
    Actually its not a good idea to cover the CC as well, just build a new CC, its only 30RP, a new turret factory (25 RP), + the 2-3 turrets required to cover it (57 RP) = 82 RP,

Even if your only covering the CC it usually takes 2 turrets which = 38 RP which is 8 more than a new CC
  • FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mancora+Nov 17 2002, 01:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mancora @ Nov 17 2002, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Actually its not a good idea to cover the CC as well, just build a new CC, its only 30RP, a new turret factory (25 RP), + the 2-3 turrets required to cover it (57 RP) = 82 RP,

Even if your only covering the CC it usually takes 2 turrets which = 38 RP which is 8 more than a new CC<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Exactly! Throw up a backup CC in your first Hive base, and you'll be set.
  • MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    I've only thrown up a second CC once. The game was over but...we wanted to take down one hive and try a come back. Didn't work but, gave the Kahraa a scare when they thought it was all over. I find if I need a second CC I've done something terrably wrong and the game is probably over anyways. Usually at that stage the aliens have all three hives and we are bunkered in the spawn awaiting the enevitable. I'm not saying don't ever build one or if you need to it's over don't. It's simply a case where if it come down to that, you've done something wrong and you should think back over your previous strategy and figure out what went wrong.

The simple case is, when you put down your first TF in base make sure it covers an area around the CC so you don't lose it to one Skulk which got threw.
  • MancoraMancora Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8034Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mindmeld_me+Nov 17 2002, 02:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mindmeld_me @ Nov 17 2002, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The simple case is, when you put down your first TF in base make sure it covers an area around the CC so you don't lose it to one Skulk which got threw.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Most of the time it takes 2 turrets to cover the CC, thats 8 resorces waisted, sometimes it takes 3 turrets (27 resorces waisted). An added benift is that the aliens dont know which one to chew up.