An Unbalance Not As Noticeable.

2»

Comments

• FueLFueL Join Date: 2003-07-02 Member: 17857Members
    edited March 2005
    How many times is it more likely for you to run past a skulk in an NS map than it is in a CO map. Again you ain't gonna memorise all the hiding spots or think that there is a skulk hiding there.

You also forget that the score is counted by Kills-Deaths. You want to get out of there so you can have better or more decent chance and taking another swipe at a marine and have a full plenished alien take the turn at the rest. Ive watched many many matches and ive seen fades hide with 86 hp until a marine comes along and he manages to get 1 more kill in before he dies. Wasting yourself is not the best plan to do. The Objective is to go in and take the least ammount of damage possible while killing as many marines as you can. Generally you need a plan of attack. Also I garentee you will never take on 3 good marines, or try too.

Recall I said 1 Alien can take 1 Marine.

Another point, you have no clue about the NS simulation idea. It simulates the attacking, hiding, sneaking, basically killing point of NS. Hence the combat was created. Not this run out and hope you bite something.
    IT is still deathmatch if not more of deathmatch. Since kills and deaths ARE counted and to do this there can't be healing so 1 fade can get a kill leave comeback full again and get another one... etc. Just immagin CO 4vs4 tournament where it counted as kills-deaths with 4 onos and 4 marines WITH healing and more than 7 skill points. Its like those **** extra levels server with every alien with redempt and full upgrades. It doesn't make sence why servers add more levels rather than take away levels. With the fact that its almost impossible to kill the suckers.
    It blows my mind that most of you cannot understand this.

For those of you who keep on posting about Chess, get aim or emails and argue it out, your double posting. You take your buddy and go and make your own post about chess.
  • TurkeiTurkei Join Date: 2004-11-15 Member: 32806Members
    edited March 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Mar 3 2005, 04:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Mar 3 2005, 04:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> thats ridiculous, and i fail to understand what is has to do with classic NS. the fade will rush the third guy as well, die, and refade.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think you need to think about the extra person thing a little bit more, beacuse your not going to have enough points to fade or get jet packs right off the bat, and since there is no healing you or your teammates cannot just blindly rush out and attack, so you have to think of a strategy to overpower the oppostie team, and in addition you'll have to be able to cover your base from the opposite team and make sure the enemy cant sneak in and get some extra experience. If there is 1 man down for your team, some strategies might be unsucessful, and in the case of defending or attacking a certain area, the team with the extra man will have more possibilities and manpower to move into or defend that area. Of course the marines and aliens are not completely balanced powerwise, but the modifications that we have set up makes it more balanced for both teams in a way that there would be more equal opportunities for one team to suceed over another if you use strategy and teamwork.
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    Just a smale sidenote:

What will rines do against Lerks?
    Whitheout any chance to heal Lerks will beat the **** out of any rine team.
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    Yeah gas would be completele overpowered.
    edited March 2005
    Most teams have strategies already made to fight against lerks. Generally what happens is a team assesses how well they did in the first 5 minutes and a judgement of how many skill points the opposing team has. If the other team is now coming at the marine team with cloaking and fades, you can garentee a lerk.

Getting a GL for firing up into the vents is not a good idea because of the fact that aliens can change their lifeform if they save up res. I have been trying to get rid of this by bringing back the old spawn system where you spawn what you became first.

Marines also have long range attacks and what ive seen work best is pistol sniping.
    Jet packers rushing up into the vents. Sometimes a GL into the vents. Teams sometimes get HA. HA can be more popular than JPs because of the gas, and the fact that its extremely hard to bite them down. Problem with HA is that the other team can get stomp. If the other team has stomp ur HAs are gonna get killed quickly. Webs can have the same effect against jetpackers. Generally people don't make it up to maximum skill points in the match. (Which is 7)

Also if you are an onos now, with only 7 skill points if you get stomp you only have skills left to get adren, and carapas to make stomp effective. You do not need to worry about HMGs as much because the marines cannot get above lvl 1 weapons if they wish to continue to get HA or JPs. If they get level 2 weapons it leaves them to get level 3 weapons but no HA or JP making them quite weak and easy to hit, but a power house with damage.

The 7 skill limit makes it like im going to go all damage, but ur gonna have low armour or evading skills. If you got milde all the way around u can have JP level 2 weaps shotgun.
    If you raise the stakes you can have HMG lvl 1 weaps, but then its lower damage and a fade can take quite the beating then.
    There is always a way to overpower the other team with skill points.

At one time we where gonna change spores with spikes, but then we decided not too because when watching most of the matches, lerks help a lot, but they are not so overpowering that its insane.

One of the strategies that some clans did was a team of 2 lerks sporing. Cloaking fade and cloaking skulk going to finish off the other team. It worked well if the other team had low armour from the spores, so they needed to time it right when to attack.

Some people went for the webs/stomp strat, but again its hard to reach max level, so you need backup strategies.
  • AcrylicAcrylic Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6400Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Spores do seem like they would be very overpowering. Amzaingly they didnt really do that much, the marie tema always found a way around it. They do still however cause an alien advantage and we thought about decreasing the dps on the gas.
  • ssjyodassjyoda Join Date: 2002-03-05 Member: 274Members, Squad Five Blue
    it seems like your cutting out the entire midgame battle, going from the beginning where no one has anything, straight to the end where everyone is maxed out. the struggle for power is gone, it all seems kinda pointless to me... if i earn enough for an upgrade, i want that upgrade, not have to wait nd let the opposing team get the same amount of points... there is no prize then, turns it into a simple deathmatch, upgrades dont matter cause the other team will always have the same lvl, so its just diff life forms. its a deathmatch. pointless nd boring. co is already boring enough.
    ssjyoda, in the first 5 minutes, you get like 1-3 skills and no more than that.
    You do not go from zero to full. If you had read one of my previous comments you would know this. Sorry for them being long.

Ive only seen 4-6 players ever get 7 skills and max out in all the matches.
  • morphzmorphz Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15640Members, Constellation
    I've always noticed that i never check hiding places when marine unless i've actually heard the skulk, or even use them when skulk except for the very start of the round. It is just rush in get some kills, die, get upgrades, repeat.

But combat was meant to be fast paced anyway, but it was suppose to be noob friendly and help new players get into the jist of the game before playing ns_, how can you compromise a mid point?

This would give a new player the wrong empression, and they would just rush in and die without all their upgrades when you are meant to hide and be sneaky.
    Yes, this was my main point from the beginning. It gives nubs the wrong impression to run out and try to shoot as many as you can before you die without giving it any thought.

Where as with the modifications I have created, nubs would be forced to play CO as if it was a real scrim in order to win.

Really the modification is meant for tournament gameplay. With the new maps released in 3.0 Final, the tournament is that much better.
  • KeamosKeamos Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 32981Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Acrylic+Mar 2 2005, 08:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Acrylic @ Mar 2 2005, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Rapier7+Mar 2 2005, 06:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Rapier7 @ Mar 2 2005, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> FueL, NS is already a successful mod.

And for reasons already stated, your rules suck because you give the marines too much of a slant in the early game. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah well CS was and is a successful mod also, and there are plugins and version of the game, example being warcraft3. TS for another example of a mod, that has similar changes. Just because the mod is successful does not mean it cant be changed or added too. And the thing that made NS successful was NS, god knows why combat was added, the goal here is to make it more fun, challenging, and teamwork based. Basically knock it off the CS style it is now and knock it on a NS style.

Its also obvious that you cant read, or just don't understand, and/or your maturity level is dragging on the floor. Do you know what constructive criticism is? Try going to dictionary.com and looking it up before typing a comment please. The rules suck how? How do marine have too much of a slant? Define slant, do you mean advantage? Have you even played this version of CO? If you bothered to post something decent that would help prove your point and/or make suggestions to the different style then maybe you would not look like such nincompoop.

Gecko, nice post, I am glad we are not alone... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Then go make a plugin that does this and quit complaining and bitching about the balance of CO (which is better off without any of these suggestions being added--way to give the marines a huge advantage).
    edited March 2005
    What is sad is these nub comments from people that have joined the forum a month ago giving no thought.

You can't judge a book by its cover, but it takes a shnazzy cover to make a kid go wow and look at it.

You can't understand or judge the CO modifications by reading it on a forum, go play it. Im not about the "shnazz"

But sure all the nubs like to play the extra levels modification which completely unbalances the game and that just confuses me. Now they come on here read this, and say its totally unbalanced without playing it. lol.
  • KeamosKeamos Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 32981Members, Constellation
    edited May 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-FueL+Mar 9 2005, 11:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (FueL @ Mar 9 2005, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What is sad is these nub comments from people that have joined the forum a month ago giving no thought.

You can't judge a book by its cover, but it takes a shnazzy cover to make a kid go wow and look at it.

You can't understand or judge the CO modifications by reading it on a forum, go play it. Im not about the "shnazz"

But sure all the nubs like to play the extra levels modification which completely unbalances the game and that just confuses me. Now they come on here read this, and say its totally unbalanced without playing it. lol. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Should I go log on to my forum account that was registered before yours and post my same comments? And yes, extralevels2 unbalances **** completely.