Trying To Play Ns

RaidenatorRaidenator Join Date: 2005-03-01 Member: 42844Members
I've installed NS and as far as I can see i've done everything correctly but when I use Steam and filter it to include only NS games I try to connect but it brings me to the browse games section.

Now I think that my problem is that I don't actually have Half Life 1 on my computer, but seeing as how the older versions required only CS I thought that it would still work, am I incorrect?

If my issue isn't with having Half Life, then I wonder if it could be CS and the fact that with Cs Source, I can't run the training program, but if someone could help me out with this problem id appreciate it, and if you need more clarification of my problem just post in this thread.

Comments

• coolspideycoolspidey Join Date: 2005-03-01 Member: 42862Members
    Hi, I have the same problem. I have just finished installing NS, and i did the same thing (ie filtered on game servers only for Natural Selection maps), then selected 1 server and tried to join. But immediately i got re-directed to the Browse Games page.
    I have already registered my Half Life 2 and like Raidenator, i don't have the original Half Life installed. I do have Counter Strike and CS: Condition Zero though.

Could anyone help us here?

Thanks.
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    CsCz wont do it.

You need Half-Life in your MYGAMES list.
  • NorsemanNorseman Join Date: 2005-02-27 Member: 42655Members
    When I load up NS, the first little box that comes up says "Loading Half-life". I think that's a pretty good indication NS is running off of half-life.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    You have to Have HL1.

nuff said.

If you bought HL2 silver or Gold you own a copy of HL1, just install it.

if you don't have HL1 then you have to buy it, nuff said.
  • ReKReK Join Date: 2004-08-30 Member: 31058Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    If you can play CS on steam, you have Half-life. Double-click the greyed-out Half-life under My Games, play the tutorial level for a few seconds, then exit steam and reinstall NS.