Best Bug Ever!

Ablack_ratEAblack_ratE Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4759Members
<div class="IPBDescription">boogity boogity boo</div> so i hop onto vadakills 1.02b3 server during a match on eclipse and it was one of the more fun games ive played. i was alien and the marines were pretty aggresive knocking out hives as soon as we built them. a fun time was had by all. then i died at one point and was waitin to respawn. and waitin. and waitin. i thought that they might have takin out all of our hives but the players i was observing didnt seem to be doing anything about it. one gorg was puttin up a resource tower and a fade was just campin outside the marine spawn. so i hit f4 to go back to the ready room and i spawn at an alien hive. i move around and im making the marine walking sound. im also running really fast. weird. so i run to the fade outside the marine spawn to see if he sees me. i do a little dance for him and he takes a swipe at me. ok im visible. so i go into the marine spawn and a marine starts shootin at me. i run around the base but im not taking any damage. cooooool! so i start buggin the other marines on the map. then a marine and a fade join me in haunting the living. they start surrounding people and keep them from moving. a few others join us, we annoy some more people and then we decide to race around the map, from the marine spawn to the comp core hive and back. we had a few laughs and then the map changed. i wish i had takin better pics but heres a few from our romp through the ghost realm.

Comments

• Ablack_ratEAblack_ratE Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4759Members
    edited November 2002
    #4 check the top righthand corner
    :edit: i bet that nsplayer is never gonna play again
    crap i cant get the best one up.
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    Yep, this is a known bug that happens sometimes if you attempt to go to the RR while in the dead or rein state. You cannot do any damage, nor take any damage, its just more of an annoyance, as you have to rejoin the server in order to play again.
  • TheHornetTheHornet Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1776Members, Constellation
    LOL! Thats cool... kinda but very cheap.. so was this a one time thing or can you do it consistanly?
    edited November 2002
    this was the first time it happened to me. the problem was we could not respawn even after waiting a few minutes. i guess this wouldbe really cheap if it occured often. we only started harrasing people after most of the server was either dead waitin to respawn or in the ready room.
  • LestatLestat Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8935Members
    Yes we Have seen this bug as well on some of our WA servers people have it and continue to kill others annoy people generaly **obscenity** around on the server with no thought for others.
    So they usualy get a ban, So for a bug not very smart thing to continue to do it there where an admin is and continue to do it after being warned to stop
  • zodazoda Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7175Members
  • BurrBurr Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9358Members
    Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, its fun to mes with peoples minds, buts its also really cheap so I don't do it for long.
  • sector9sector9 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9594Members
    If you really want to be lame goto the marine base in spec mode as a marine and then jump up and down on the spawn pads. You will get a marine stuck and then you will make an endless loop of telefrags as long as they don't kill themselves. Play music over the voicecom, this really annoys people.
  • JooJooFlopJooJooFlop Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9140Members
    I saw this bug in action on (I can't remember the names of the maps yet, it's the one with Feedwater Control, Refinery and Engine Room for hive points) when I was an Onos trying to get into the marine base.

One of them was constantly jumping under the elevator so it couldn't go down enough for me to get on it (as an Onos anyways) before it went back up. So I said "screw it," went Lerk and gassed me a bunch of marines.
  • Evil_TimmyEvil_Timmy Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2350Members
    Ehh, this bug has a bit of a darker side. On a game I was playing earlier today, a marine rushed our hive and died quite quickly. He went into this bugged mode and scouted out all our defenses (and our hive locations), then camped on top of the resource tower in the Triad Generator Array (ns_eclipse) and waited for his marine friends to come build, then used himself as an invincible body shield. Then he disconnected and reconnected and pretty obviously reported what he knew, as they soon took over the farthest hive location froum ours and started dominating all our resources. The only reason we won is great communication and teamwork, and even then, it wasn't easy. I know this bug is on the fix list for 1.03, so thanks Flayra and the rest of the dev team.
  • ekentekent Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7801Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Cyanide+Nov 16 2002, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cyanide @ Nov 16 2002, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yep, this is a known bug that happens sometimes if you attempt to go to the RR while in the dead or rein state. You cannot do any damage, nor take any damage, its just more of an annoyance, as you have to rejoin the server in order to play again.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    More than just an annoyance, IMO. The ready room models can block shots. IE they intercept the bullet or acid rocket or what have you. I just played a game where one jerk was actively helping the marines by strafing in front of my target so I couldn't get as many rockets through.