[req]marathon Sounds

UESCdurandalUESCdurandal Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16660Members
<div class="IPBDescription">To make a pack</div> I'm trying to make a soundpack in marathon style for NS. To do that I need the marathon sounds. If you know a source where to get it post it please. Thx

Comments

• T_AliT_Ali Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7315Members
    If you're familiar with Marathon, then you must have played it, right? So... why not go to your mac, load up Marathon, load up Pforge, and extract the sounds from the game data file (can't remember what it's called anymore, but it's the type of file that Pforge wants to open by default...

Oh well, I guess that's not very helpful or specific, and that mac might be a thing of the past anyway.

Well.

Are you ever in luck.

Did you know that Marathon is now free? And part of an open source software project? One that includes OSX, linux, BSD, and Windows binary releases? How about them apples?

<a href='http://source.bungie.org/' target='_blank'>Marathon Aleph One</a>

Go download and and install. Then hunt around the install directory and see if you can't figure out where the sounds are kept. If you can't, I'll bet someone on the Aleph mailing list or in their IRC channel can help you out.

See you starside.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Or you could just get Marathon Rampancy for Half-Life WON (which also... works with steam!! OMG OMG!!). And rip the sounds from that. You can get that here...

<a href='http://rampancy.discworld.dk/' target='_blank'>Marathon for Half-Life!!!</a>
  • T_AliT_Ali Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7315Members
  • UESCdurandalUESCdurandal Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16660Members
    thx , hm ok i will try to make some sounds at the weekend. does someone play rampancy?
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Actually, BobBQ (a forum.. guy from Bungie.net) and I expect to do something tomorrow (thursday) about it. If you want to join our server you will need the patched maps from their website.
  • UESCdurandalUESCdurandal Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16660Members
    sure, just give me the link for the download of the maps