Mp_consistency

eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited January 2005 in General Server Discussion
For those of you out there with servers set to mp_consistency 1......what are the advantages of doing this?

Comments

• eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2005
    don't everyone reply at once.

I just want to know how this setting has affected your server communities
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    it just forces everyone to use the standard ns models, sprites, sounds, ect. i havn't tested this, but i think if someone connects to your server with custom content, they will get kicked or get a warning about not having the same content that it on the server.

its probably there to prevent model hacking and such.
  • MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    It mostly just prevents people with custom maps, models and sounds. Crosshairs and I believe some other sprites will still work with consistency. It's there to prevent people from using hacked models with bright pink skins or from retexturing parts of maps. It's used in Caleague because of those things.
  • eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there any way to use mp_consistency 1 and force the users to download server content instead of disconnecting them because of inconsistent content?
  • AdvPredatorAdvPredator Join Date: 2004-03-04 Member: 27137Members
    I don't think so. Just think 2 second if join a server and the server make you download virus or craps like this...
  • BorisBoris Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11636Members
    Servers will not allow download of destructive content, such as exe's, etc.
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-AdvPredator+Feb 13 2005, 07:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AdvPredator @ Feb 13 2005, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't think so. Just think 2 second if join a server and the server make you download virus or craps like this... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why would it make you do this? You already download stuff from a server, so I don't see how this would be any different.