Game Begining

RotA_PlagueRotA_Plague Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6768Members
<div class="IPBDescription">As marines</div> Well I join a game join marines plop right into commander while it is acting like I am looking with half my screen through a wall(opengl screwed up vision stuff). And I hit esc and then click return to game or whatnot and it is gone, I drop a spawn portal and then get kicked out of commander 2 seconds later for no real reason cept they didn't see the spawn portal I just dropped... Frankly there is no point in kicking a commander out right away at the begining unless you got a good minute or 2 of nothing getting done. So I promply left the server to post this, It it the beginning of the round NS has its few gliches that mostly just effect the beginnign of the game. Don't just kick a commander out because you have had a bad match where commander didn't do much and you think that this commander is the same. Wait and see a game is a game, being rude to someone is being rude to someone. One is more annoying and the other is made for fun, if you cannot figure that out then don't play.

PS I have been playing as commander since day 1 of natural selection, I have a pretty good understanding of commanding.

Comments

• DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can&#39;t Comm. England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
    If this when you create a LAN game? Cus I get the same thing but i've learnt to
    ignore it over the past months of Half-Life/cs/dod/ns/etc.
    Apparently it's very common
  • RotA_PlagueRotA_Plague Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6768Members
    Oh yeah I have a SS of what happened, apparantly I didn't catch it at the second that I had what looked like I had half the screen of map with the screwed up opengl. But this is also what I got(disappear as soon as I went to the splash screen and returned to game).

Sorry for the rant but people must learn to trust and wait for a second before they decide to just accuse someone of something like doing nothing or cheating or whatnot.
  • ZR2ZR2 Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2508Members
    How many people have to vote to eject commander, let say if there is 6 on the marines side? Is it majority or just half?
  • OR-GOR-G Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7643Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--ZR2+Nov 16 2002, 10:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ZR2 @ Nov 16 2002, 10:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How many people have to vote to eject commander, let say if there is 6 on the marines side? Is it majority or just half?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    it's 2 players, and the new patch needs 40%... which in a 6 person game is still 2 players.
  • VyvnVyvn Join Date: 2002-08-24 Member: 1226Members
    Well, one game I played, as soon as the round started, someone jumped in the command chair and started spamming our base with about four other command chairs. It was actually pretty funny.
    Seems I missed the attach file button oddly, my second post was just so I could attach the file. But I am tired of people just kicking commander mindlessly. I wish there would be some way to stop it. And I find playing commander after someone else is very annoying because you basicly have to learn everything they have did and try to find out what that commander learned about the enemy while keeping up with the normal commander stuff.
    Ok know my mind span is getting even smaller..... Sorry for the needless ammounts of posts just for one image.