Commander Mode Messed Up

PithlitPithlit Join Date: 2003-05-07 Member: 16120Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">at one position</div> well, this one is somewhat weird and unique, for me at last.

Normally you see the blackness behind the map from comm mode, since ns draws something black there.

Well, my problem is, in one small sector of my map its not black, but one hugly oversized metal texture is put down there.
It vanishes, if the commander puts his cursor in the area and if he moves it away its ther again.

This texture completly replaces the black background in commander view and only shows if the commander is over a certain area.

however, in this area there is nowhere a brush with this texture.

Any ideas how to fix this, since its highly annoying for the comm.

Comments

• ReebdoogReebdoog Join Date: 2003-09-20 Member: 21035Members
    is the view distance correct?
  • PithlitPithlit Join Date: 2003-05-07 Member: 16120Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
  • prsearleprsearle Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2365Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Pithlit+Feb 5 2005, 11:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Pithlit @ Feb 5 2005, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hugly oversized metal texture<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This bit is the key ^^ . Does it look like one of the textures you have somewhere in your map stretched once over the entire screen? If yes, then it sounds like NS is using the wrong texture index when it uses TriAPI to draw the map background. If you can consistantly reproduce it, you may want to report this in the bug forum.
  • PithlitPithlit Join Date: 2003-05-07 Member: 16120Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    yes, its one of the map textures that is drawn there, but as i said, this only happens when the commanders view is in a small area, otherwise its fine. just then it switches between black and that metal thingy.

I can reproduce it, i even have recompiled the map, but it still occurs