Is There Any Way To.....

attritionattrition Join Date: 2004-10-13 Member: 32242Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Can this be scripted?</div> Is there anyway to have a script set up so it does the +use command over and over again without me having to press anything? So I could like just look at the button when I’m close enough to use it? I think that something like this would be handy but I’m not sure if it is possible without using the _special command and I’m not sure if that is disabled or not.

Oh, and if this is in fact possible maybe there should be a toggle to turn it on and off so that you don’t trip stuff accidentally (like when you are sieging bio and don’t want the elevator to go down).

Also... I was just thinking about this a little bit and wouldnt it be posible to loop through seperate .cfgs? Like have it do the command so many times in one config then have the last command in the file go exec configlooppart2 then repeat the commands again and end that with exec configlooppart1? Then you could have a simple bind to exec configlooppart1 and start the loop that way?
The only confilict I see with this is I dont know how you would stop it again unless you designed a counter in there somewhere to stop it after a while?

Would something like that crash the game?

Comments

• NikonNikon Join Date: 2003-09-29 Member: 21313Members, Constellation
    If I remember correctly, the +use command GREATLY hinders your forward movement.
  • the_holethe_hole Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25019Members, Constellation
    For the first part:

No. It cannot be scripted due to scripting not being capable of executing an infinite command, and still allowing you to further perform other commands. Also, it would slow you down greatly, because that's what +use does.

As for the second part:

You cannot jump between configs due to exactly what you've mentioned. I've tried it in the past MANY different ways. When one config executes, it instantly executes the other.. then back and forth, permitting no further keys to be used. It basically just locks you up until you restart NS. Also, no -alias would be executed, and it would be necessary to have for the bindings.
  • MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    A toggle is possible but none of the other things you ask about are.<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias useon "+use; bind <usekey> useoff"
    alias useoff "-use;bind <usekey> useon"

bind <usekey> "useon"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
  • Krazy_GlueKrazy_Glue Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16393Members
    edited January 2005
    actually yes it is possible however for the +use to work you would have to be standing still not doing anything (because of the limits of the script)
    so if you want to be able to run to a building, stop, and automatically build it, thats possible...
  • Swift_IdiotSwift_Idiot Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11883Members
    Not really possible. The closest thing you can do is making +use a toggle option, so you hit the button, go make a sandwich, come back and hit the button again when whatever is building is done. Also if you have a script that tries to hold down +use the whole time, you won't go anywhere since +use sticks you to the ground.
  • attritionattrition Join Date: 2004-10-13 Member: 32242Members
    Ok, Thankyou.

I forgot about the +use thing, I was thinking they took that out (but i guess thats only in dod and cs for accuracy reasons).